Create your own skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
Link

Re: Create your own skins

Post by Link »

cyril wrote:There is no process at the moment ;) Do you mind attaching it here at the moment?
If I were to create an APK to install the keyboard skin above, where do you want to ZIP file located? Other than the SDcard (see comment above).
- Link
zen

Chiclet

Post by zen »

Made one, I call it Chiclet. :) Download:
chiclet.zip
Chiclet, by Zen (updated Sep 29)
(12.91 KiB) Downloaded 1625 times
Optimized for AMOLED displays, so that there won't be any noticeable color banding or dithering. Recommended: disable alt labels.
vertical
vertical
c1.png (30.64 KiB) Viewed 8612 times
horizontal
horizontal
c2.png (28.26 KiB) Viewed 8612 times
Right now, I've only finished working on assets for medium resolution displays. I may work on the high-res assets if I can find the time. I'm also still waiting for Cyril to implement bold fonts on the xml file ;)

Note: others may re-use the files for their own themes, provided that they mention "Chiclet, by Zen" on the xml or a link to this thread.

Also, my thanks to Cyril.
Last edited by zen on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Post by Oveja »

I love your skin zen! How do you install these though? ._.
Edit: never mind, I figured it out. But why does it look different on my phone? It's more grey... and less blue-grey.
Edit2: I'd like it more if the background was like the iPhone theme :)
CfYz
Phone: HTC Legend

Post by CfYz »

zen
Really nice skin! Thanks a lot :) But it's have one bug - see image below. Can you fix upper line of symbols to more readable type? Or its by design?
smart_keyboard_pro_zenskin.png
smart_keyboard_pro_zenskin.png (36.22 KiB) Viewed 9251 times
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

Link wrote:Works great! Just built my first skin and love it. What is going to be the process of posting our creations on your site or in the market?
GlossBlack.png
One issue i have found. Becasue the skins are located on the SDcard, when you mount it to the computer and bring up the keyboard, the skin is gone. Even when you disconnect from the USB it's still gone. You have to set the skin to something else and then back to your custom skin. The app needs to be able to copy it to the phone while it is being choosen or some sort of installation process.

- Link
Link, this is a great looking skin. Reminds me of ADWone skin, but how do I d/l it and install it?

Thanks.
zen

Post by zen »

CfYz wrote:zen
Really nice skin! Thanks a lot :) But it's have one bug - see image below. Can you fix upper line of symbols to more readable type? Or its by design?
The attachment smart_keyboard_pro_zenskin.png is no longer available
Fixed now. Download:
chiclet.zip
Chiclet (alt labels and 9patch overlap fixed)
(12.91 KiB) Downloaded 875 times
Last edited by zen on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zen

Post by zen »

Oveja wrote:I love your skin zen! How do you install these though? ._.
Edit: never mind, I figured it out. But why does it look different on my phone? It's more grey... and less blue-grey.
Edit2: I'd like it more if the background was like the iPhone theme :)
Sadly, most Android phones have different color profiles. Especially HTC with Sense UI phones, they tend to skew the colors more to warmer/reddish tint. :(
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Post by Oveja »

I see the difference now that I'm viewing the image on my phone. I guess the AMOLED displays colours different than the Pc. But I still think this grey colour is kinda boring ;)
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

I'm sorry, I'm unclear. To install one of these custom skins, do I have to do the steps in the OP, or was that meant for skin designers only? If someone can clarify, that'd be great.
zen

Post by zen »

onthecouch wrote:I'm sorry, I'm unclear. To install one of these custom skins, do I have to do the steps in the OP, or was that meant for skin designers only? If someone can clarify, that'd be great.
Yes, most steps described there are for designers.

To use the custom themes: Create a folder (directory) named skins in your SD card and place the downloaded .zip files there. You can use a file manager (such as OI File Manager) to do this. No need to extract the .zip content. Afterwards, the themes will appear in the SK preferences View for you to choose from.