double tap on the word for respelling or capital change

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
vandyke
Phone: x10 mini

double tap on the word for respelling or capital change

Post by vandyke »

I wish a feature for changing the capital (upper/lower case) or respell a word with a double tap on the word.
It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.

bye
NickC
Phone: Samsung Captivate Android 2.1

Re: double tap on the word for respelling or capital change

Post by NickC »

vandyke wrote:It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.
Completely agree on this point. Kind of silly to not show the capitalization until the word has been accepted. Distracting because I'm not sure if I changed the caps mode correctly.
Ad Fundum
Phone: Samsung GT-i5800 Galaxy Apollo

Post by Ad Fundum »

vandyke wrote:I wish a feature for changing the capital (upper/lower case) or respell a word with a double tap on the word.
Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.
Absolutely!!!
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

plus in italian all of our verbs are like this:

- portare (to bring)
- portalo (bring it to him)
- portarcelo (bring it to us)
- portarglierlo (bringing it to him)

but each time I have to multitap the whole word to add one of those even if my dictionary already has the main word (" portare" ).

So it would be great having a way to add a word not starting from scratch but starting from an existing word
nycebo
Phone: Motorola Droid X

Post by nycebo »

Ad Fundum wrote:Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
Actually, I would much prefer that it work like the stock multi-touch keyboard on the Droid X. A single-tap of a work brings up the suggestion bar again in order to change the word (Smart Keyboard doesn't do this currently). A double-tap actually highlights the word in case you want to write over it completely (Smart Keyboard Pro already as this as the default behavior and it is well used). Any chance of implementation? If you like, I can email over the apk for the stock keyboard.
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

nycebo wrote:
Ad Fundum wrote:Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
Actually, I would much prefer that it work like the stock multi-touch keyboard on the Droid X. A single-tap of a work brings up the suggestion bar again in order to change the word (Smart Keyboard doesn't do this currently). A double-tap actually highlights the word in case you want to write over it completely (Smart Keyboard Pro already as this as the default behavior and it is well used). Any chance of implementation? If you like, I can email over the apk for the stock keyboard.
I completely agree with this and would love to see it implemented.
jpzsports

Post by jpzsports »

nycebo wrote:
I agree with this too! This would be an excellent feature addition.
Enhanced
Phone: Captivate

Post by Enhanced »

Bumping this again for the word replacement feature. After using this keyboard for the greater part of my Android life and then trying the Gingerbread keyboard for a few weeks, I gotta say that this is the one feature that I would love for this keyboard to have.

Simply, I would like to single tap a word for the suggestion window to come up again for that word and then a single tap on a suggestion to replace that word. Preferably, a space would not be added after the replacement so there wouldn't be a double space.

Aside from the smaller keys that may make the Gingerbread keyboard more accurate, I believe that SKP beats it in almost every facet. The main feature of the GB feature is accuracy and word prediction and I think SKP is just as good, if not better. Keep up the good work!
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

Bump.

Cyril, any input?
jpzsports

Post by jpzsports »

Please add this feature! It'd make things much easier.