Prediction Box Color

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
inate71
Phone: Motorola Droid (Stock 2.1)

Prediction Box Color

Post by inate71 »

If you could change the color of the Prediction box, that would be pretty cool. :D
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Prediction Box Color

Post by cyril »

The prediction box background is an image, not a color, so it cannot be changed easily, unless it's part of the skin itself (a modification is required in the skin engine)
Cyril
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

i believe that the color is just fine, I think that the size should be increased.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

I guess it's a lot more difficult than changing the color of the words in the prediction box, then. Couldn't there be a few "images" to choose from that are just solid colors? Just stabbing in the dark, as I have no idea.

I'd like to see this feature too, but it's only for aesthetics and isn't that important.
inate71

Post by inate71 »

cyril wrote:The prediction box background is an image, not a color, so it cannot be changed easily, unless it's part of the skin itself (a modification is required in the skin engine)

I was hoping to change it black. Mainly because the white/light gray doesn't go well with my overall theme.
platinumrims
Phone: HTC Desire 2.1

Post by platinumrims »

I'd also like to change mine to black... the devs should make an image over lay so we can change the color as we please... like the word candidate color.. just sayin.. but for the most part... a black background would suit me best. The only problem i've ever had with this keyboard is that prediction box color.. everything else has been flawless for me. this keyboard easily has the nicest skins available. (used better keyboard for about 4 days, i liked the black prediction box, but they keyboards calibration or something was off. and all the keyboards have something wrong with them appearance wise. (most of them are just ugly).) Now i'm back to smart keyboard hoping i can find a way to change this
inate71

Post by inate71 »

platinumrims wrote:I'd also like to change mine to black... the devs should make an image over lay so we can change the color as we please... like the word candidate color.. just sayin.. but for the most part... a black background would suit me best. The only problem i've ever had with this keyboard is that prediction box color.. everything else has been flawless for me. this keyboard easily has the nicest skins available. (used better keyboard for about 4 days, i liked the black prediction box, but they keyboards calibration or something was off. and all the keyboards have something wrong with them appearance wise. (most of them are just ugly).) Now i'm back to smart keyboard hoping i can find a way to change this

I agree. I am using a modified gingerbread keyboard. I love Smart Keyboard, but I need to change the prediction box image...
meyergre
Phone: Nexus one 2.3.4, Notion Ink Adam 3.0.1

Post by meyergre »

:idea: Maybe it could be an option that we can define directly within our skins, such as the keyboard background ? I guess that if we can change the buttons and background from the XML nodes, it could be possible to change the suggestion bar too, right ?
see all my skins here : http://lepetitpingouin.fr/smartkeyboard/ !
Like it ? buy me a beer ;)
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Yes it could easily be added in the skin XML, but there are some technical issues raised by skinning the prediction bar. I would have to rewrite a lot of code to make this work, but nothing impossible.
Cyril
richardkemp
Phone: ZTE Blade - CM7

Post by richardkemp »

Sounds more effort than it's worth. I might suggest though: if you ever do do a substantial amount of code re-working to allow skins more control, perhaps skins could be allowed to specify custom keylout(s)? I hope you understand what I mean, a skin could come with a database/xml/whatever defined along the lines of "button id (1) ; begins (0,0) ; ends (10,25) ; action (q)" etc.

I realise that's a massive massive code meltdown, but just throwing it out there :D