Trouble using with HTC magic

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
vaughan16
Phone: HTC Magic 1.5

Trouble using with HTC magic

Post by vaughan16 »

I just downloaded the Smart keyboard app for my HTC magic. I am aware how it said i need android v2.0 for the multitouch. I thought maybe it might still work so . I checked off the box so "smart keyboard pro" is on in the Settings(Locale & Text) but it still doesn't work. Is this because I am on android v1.5? I figured that was the reason so now I am now trying to find a way to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0. Anybody have some advice?

If anybody has any experience with the HTC magic(Rogers) and know if it is possible to upgrade to android 2.0 could they let me know so i don't waste my time trying to make it work, haha. Thanks.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Trouble using with HTC magic

Post by cyril »

Hi
you checked "smart keyboard pro" in the settings, but did you change the input method afterwards ?

(cf the FAQ:

How to install the keyboard?

Go to "Language and keyboard" settings, and check the "Smart Keyboard" (or "Smart Keyboard Pro") box. Then chose "Smart Keyboard (Pro)" in the "Input method" dialog, which is accessible in the menu which appears after a long press in any text input box. There is no "Open" option when you download the application, it's normal! )
Cyril
vaughan16
Phone: HTC Magic 1.5

Re: Trouble using with HTC magic

Post by vaughan16 »

wow that was easy enough. thanks a lot! Sorry i'm new with this phone and buying apps, haha. I love the keyboard too!