Voice input

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
gnevola
Phone: 973 9037918

Voice input

Post by gnevola »

I just started using your free trial. I noticed when I use voice input that only the first part of my dictation comes out for review and not the whole dictation. I was wondering if this can be changed so I can review the entire dictation before I send it. Perhaps that is a function only available to me if I bought the paid version, which I intend to do anyway. Thank you.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Voice input

Post by cyril »

Well, voice input uses Google speech recognition service, so if it doesn't work well you have to complain to Google, not to me ;)
Cyril
debugfix
Phone: HTC Desire HD

Post by debugfix »

Hello Cyril,

what the keyboard could try to do better so is setting the language hint. A few versions (maybe 4.0) ago it correctly hinted the keyboard language to google voice recognition. Then it broke completely letting google do automatic language detection, wihch does not work at all. Now (v4.2.0) it works with english only and ignores the kwyboard language.
kms6053
Phone: Galaxy Tab

Post by kms6053 »

voice input works well in Motorola-Froyo but not in Galaxy Tab- Ginger bread. I think there are some trouble to recognize changed language.
Voice Input should follow the language selected-shifted- but it didn't. just stays and suggests such one language which set by system.

plz, solve this trouble. :)
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

debugfix wrote:Hello Cyril,

what the keyboard could try to do better so is setting the language hint. A few versions (maybe 4.0) ago it correctly hinted the keyboard language to google voice recognition. Then it broke completely letting google do automatic language detection, wihch does not work at all. Now (v4.2.0) it works with english only and ignores the kwyboard language.
Maybe something is not done correctly, but the language hint is set, otherwise it would never have worked. If someone broke something, it's Google, not me ;)
Cyril
frannieland
Phone: 817 847 9226

Post by frannieland »

I am having a different issue with voice input. In portrait mode, when mic button is pushed it only goves ES as language option. The landscape mode allows both ES and EN. Is there a way to have only EN as an option?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

What do you mean by "gives ES as language option"? Voice input button is not supposed to give any language option, it's just supposed to show the voice input window.
Cyril
frannieland
Phone: 817 847 9226

Post by frannieland »

My son found the answer straight away.... I had somehow clicked on two different languages in language selection area. I was looking for the answer in the voice input section.