Spacebar not working - Help, olease!

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
arfunk
Phone: Droid X

Spacebar not working - Help, olease!

Post by arfunk »

Since the latest update I'm having difficulty with the spacebar button -- I have to tap it two or more times for it to add a space character, and frequently I just can't get it to add the space. This is very frustrating, and seems to have begun after installing the 4.0.2 upgrade on my Droid X.

Any suggestions? Do I have something configured incorrectly?

Thanks!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Spacebar not working - Help, olease!

Post by cyril »

The latest updates didn't change anything regarding the space key. Maybe you have performance issues on your phone; can you try to disable the "touch to correct" option?
Cyril
arfunk

Post by arfunk »

That seems to have improved things, but not fully. While testing I found that the space button worked on a single tap about 10% of the time, on two taps about 50%, and three or more taps the rest of the time.

My phone is a Droid X, and I've never had performance problems. I do run JuiceDefender. Launcher Pro, and recently added Wave Launcher -- any possible interactions with any of these?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Someone on Twitter talked about WaveLauncher too. Is that you? It looks like the culprit...
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

So I tried WaveLauncher and indeed it is the culprit. Well, this is quite obvious, as by default it detects gestures on the BOTTOM of the screen (you can change that, but if you configure gesture on the left side for instance, you will have problems with the left of the keyboard...). You could define a bigger "bottom padding" in Smart Keyboard settings to move the keyboard a bit upwards on the screen.
Cyril
arfunk

Post by arfunk »

Adding bottom padding took care of it for me. Thanks!

And that wasn't me on Twitter, so there are others experiencing this. Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ?

Thanks again for a great product,

/Andy