Better Keyboard

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
Agrajag
Phone: Droid

Better Keyboard

Post by Agrajag »

Well, I notice as of this morning Better Keyboard is now offering an update that provides multi-touch support so that now means it's going to be a direct competitive environment now.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Better Keyboard

Post by cyril »

Yes ;) But:
- multitouch is not reason why I started this project, I just took the opportunity to offer it. My initial motivation was a good multi-language support and smarter dictionary (hence the name ;))... of course you will say that at the moment it's not very smart :p but that's a start...
- I had a look at this new release of Better Keyboard and multitouch is not better than the one of the 2.1 stock keyboard
- anyway competition is good ;)
Cyril
Evan

Post by Evan »

agreed, cyril. Better keyboard's MT isn't any better than the stock keyboard. Hold down M and tap Q. let go. both letters dont register. Plus better keyboard is much more laggy. Smart keyboard FTW! Cyril, I'm looking forward to plenty more new features and enhancements!
mazz0310

Post by mazz0310 »

@Cyril: I must say, I was like oh better keyboard has multitouch its been around longer its gotta be better, but no I've been using for 2 days and I'm back to you, this keyboard is much faster and I appreciate the quick updates! Keep it up.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

They did it again today. After all this time without a direction pad, presto, there it is now today.

I wish these guys would get their ideas from their own people.
smithrep

Post by smithrep »

can someone tell me the purpose or benefit of multitouch? in what situation would you use it?

thanks,

David
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hi
it helps you typing with two fingers. If you type quickly, you will frequently press two keys at the same time, and without multitouch it will not work at all and you will make mistakes
Cyril
smithrep

Post by smithrep »

oh ok, gotcha. I just couldn't figure out why anyone would want to hit two keys at exact same time. That makes sense though. I am an extremely fast typer on the computer and on my old Blackberry Tour. I am still trying to get used to the virtual keyboard on the droid though. I type with my thumbs and cannot go quite as fast as I would like.
tchen27
Phone: SPRINT HTC Hero. Android 2.1

Post by tchen27 »

Do I have to upgrade to the PRO version for multi-touch to work? I have a Sprint HTC Hero with 2.1 update and free version of SKB, however I find that some letters do not register when I am typing fast. For example, when typing "That", all the letters will flash indicating they have been pressed, but I end up with "Tht".
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hi
that's the subject discussed here: http://smartkeyboardpro.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=3&t=218
Cyril