Create your own skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Re: Create your own skins

Post by Oveja »

This is perfect Zen! You're awesome! :)
eolsgaard
Phone: HTC Droid Indredible

Post by eolsgaard »

How did you do it so fast? Man, that's awesome.

My only suggestion for the Chiclet one is to make the keys a little less rigidly square on the corners, but that's not really a big deal. It's one of my favorites!

Edit: Just tried this new Galaxy keyboard out, and this is by far the best one I've ever used. I am shocked that it could somehow get better with an HD skin. This is great.
Last edited by eolsgaard on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

Wow, Zen, I'm going to have to add my own praise for the Galaxy skin. Looks simple yet sleek. Well done.
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Post by Oveja »

I believe it just needs bold fonts and drop shadows on the letters, but that hasn't been enabled on the skins yet has it?
zen

Post by zen »

Wow, I see there's so much love for Galaxy! :D Thank you all.

Here it is then, an updated Galaxy for high-res displays. Download:
galaxy.zip
Galaxy, hi-res
(25.59 KiB) Downloaded 2323 times
If your device doesn't need the hi-res version, I suggest you download the previous version I uploaded before. It's half the filesize.
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... t=40#p2507
Attachments
Portrait, WVGA
Portrait, WVGA
galaxyhd.png (58.61 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
zen

Post by zen »

Oveja wrote:I believe it just needs bold fonts and drop shadows on the letters, but that hasn't been enabled on the skins yet has it?
Yes, we're waiting for Cyril on that one. ;) As soon as the xml spec and the theme parser are updated, I'll make the changes. Drop shadow with emboss effect needs x-y offset values though, so I'm not sure if that's too much work for Cyril to implement.
zen

Post by zen »

Galaxy in some other flavors, for the adventurers among us ;)

Galaxy Green (htc sense)
galaxy-green.zip
Galaxy Green
(25.01 KiB) Downloaded 1044 times
Galaxy Orange (Nexus1)
galaxy-orange.zip
Galaxy Orange
(24.68 KiB) Downloaded 965 times
That's it folks. Now going back to my trusty old Chiclet, see if I can work on it some more :P
zen

Post by zen »

eolsgaard wrote: My only suggestion for the Chiclet one is to make the keys a little less rigidly square on the corners, but that's not really a big deal. It's one of my favorites!
Thanks. I was indeed going back and forth between 3 and 4 pixels chamfer, and still can't decide. Crazy how 1 pixel can be a world of difference :shock: Maybe for the hi-res I'll make it 4px chamfer and leave the medium-res at 3px as it is now. I kinda like the rigid feel. :)

As comparison, iPhone, Galaxy, HTC have theirs at 4px; iPhone 4 doubles it to 8px; while the Droid/MotoBlur stays sharp at 2px.
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

Just curious, what's the difference with the hi-rest and the regular version? Do I have to have a special phone/screen to see the difference, because I can't seem to tell just by looking. I'm on a Samsung Vibrant.

Love the orange highlight one. Nice job, again Zen.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

onthecouch wrote:Just curious, what's the difference with the hi-rest and the regular version? Do I have to have a special phone/screen to see the difference, because I can't seem to tell just by looking. I'm on a Samsung Vibrant.
Hi-res skin contains images optimized for hi-resolution screens (like yours). Otherwise the mid-res images are scaled to fit the screen size, which makes them more blurry. Actually with this skin (due to the colors used) the mid-res scaled images also look fine, but the hi-res is better ;)
Cyril