Create your own skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
Shorte85
Phone: Droid Incredible

Re: Create your own skins

Post by Shorte85 »

I think there should be a video made for those who don't quite understand how to make their own or design their own keyboards. I think it would help, and get the keyboard more known.
mrcymstr
Phone: Samsung Fascinate 2.2 stock

Post by mrcymstr »

I'm having a bit of an issue if someone would assist. I'm trying to make some themed skins in relation to say video games, movies, pop culture ect. So I created a simple skin, installed, but it didn't show in the list, then I tried something even simpler by simply modifying the sample with differentcolors for the symbols such as the space symbol. That also did not work, the sample itself works fine and I checked and double checked to make sure I had all my file names and such correct. Does anyone have any ideas? Like I said I just pulled up the symbols with gimp and changed the white to green. Thanks in advance! You guys are awesome!
meyergre
Phone: Nexus one 2.3.4, Notion Ink Adam 3.0.1

Re: Re: Create your own skins

Post by meyergre »

mrcymstr wrote:I'm having a bit of an issue if someone would assist. I'm trying to make some themed skins in relation to say video games, movies, pop culture ect. So I created a simple skin, installed, but it didn't show in the list, then I tried something even simpler by simply modifying the sample with differentcolors for the symbols such as the space symbol. That also did not work, the sample itself works fine and I checked and double checked to make sure I had all my file names and such correct. Does anyone have any ideas? Like I said I just pulled up the symbols with gimp and changed the white to green. Thanks in advance! You guys are awesome!
post your file if you want someone to tell you what's wrong ;)

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
see all my skins here : http://lepetitpingouin.fr/smartkeyboard/ !
Like it ? buy me a beer ;)
Phone: Samsung Behold 2--> SGH-T939

Re: Create your own skins!

Post by Kirara Young »

Link wrote:Another version a little more glossy and removed the shift light.
Laptop2.png
- Link
I like this one, can you do a pink one? C :<3
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

I'd be up for giving this a try. anyway the iphone.zip could be posted? I'd like to build off of it (different colors,etc)
Easy start.
meyergre

Post by meyergre »

For those who are interested in : I just uploaded an illustrated step-by-step "How To" guide to create a SKP theme HERE :ugeek: (see 'Tutorial' tab).

It does not (at all!) replace the Cyril's indications from the 1st post, but I think it's a good complement, especially for beginners.

enjoy ;)

Post by schrochem »

excellent meyergre.
I'm a visual learner so this really helps.
I downloaded the android sdk which asked me to download the java sdk and it just bogged down my pc (work one too.....)
So I had to uninstall so I could get some work down.... 8-)
Is draw9patch possible to have standalone?
If not, can designating where to expand be done in photoshop?
I messed with just changing some colors and it didn't come out right at all......
meyergre

Post by meyergre »

yes, you can draw expandable zones in photoshop. it's just some black pixels on each extremity. it's easier with the draw9patch, 'cause you can see the different areas, but it can be done with photoshop too. just take care to use a pure black with 100% opacity. ;)

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

For information it will be possible in version 4.2.0 to also skin the prediction bar (see this topic). Skin makers can already use this feature and let me know if it works (the extra tags will be ignored by older versions of the keyboard).
Cyril
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

is the iphone.zip file proprietary or similar?