Create your own skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Create your own skins

Post by cyril »

Well, afaik the maximum resolution supported by Android is hdpi (240 dpi). Is this tab supposed to have higher res? Bigger screen doesn't mean bigger res....
Cyril
Link

Post by Link »

Correct, and it looks to be at 240 as well. So your keyboard will work with it?

- Link
- Link
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

So I guess yes, the keyboard is supposed to work on every single Android device running Android >= 1.5 (which means 99.9% of the devices)
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

New improvement in the latest beta: the skin is now cached in the internal phone storage once you select it, so you can now use the keyboard even when the SD card is unmounted, and performance should be increased a lot!
Waiting for your feedbacks ;)
Cyril
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

cyril wrote:New improvement in the latest beta: the skin is now cached in the internal phone storage once you select it, so you can now use the keyboard even when the SD card is unmounted, and performance should be increased a lot!
Cyril, not sure what this means. Does this mean I should move my "Skins" folder to somewhere else? It's currently a folder in my phone's internal memory (not the microSD). I would like to take advantage of the increased performance (assuming it refers to less lag, etc).

Edit: I'm realizing this might be meant for skin developers... am I correct?
Last edited by onthecouch on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link

Post by Link »

cyril wrote:New improvement in the latest beta: the skin is now cached in the internal phone storage once you select it, so you can now use the keyboard even when the SD card is unmounted, and performance should be increased a lot!
Works great so far. MUCH faster!

Thanks!

-Link
- Link
zen

Post by zen »

cyril wrote:... the skin is now cached in the internal phone storage once you select it, so you can now use the keyboard even when the SD card is unmounted, and performance should be increased a lot!
Everything looks fine so far; selecting a different skin goes smoothly, as well as loading and updating. I haven't noticed any significant performance increase when popping up the keyboard, although I suspect it's because I've been using a class 4 card all this time. For those of you who use a class 2 card, I'm sure this is a very nice feature to have.

I do love that it now stays accessible when the card is unmounted. :)
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

onthecouch wrote:Cyril, not sure what this means. Does this mean I should move my "Skins" folder to somewhere else? It's currently a folder in my phone's internal memory (not the microSD). I would like to take advantage of the increased performance (assuming it refers to less lag, etc).
No you don't need to move the "skins" directory anywhere. It means that the skins is copied automatically from (/sdcard/)skins directory to a private directory on phone storage, this is completely transparent. Of course if the "external storage" (usually it's associated to the /sdcard folder, but it may depend on the phone) is actually internal, I guess it will not make much difference. And for my information, where did you create your "skins" directory? Smart Keyboard should only be able to detect skins stored on the SD card...
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

@zen: I added the bold feature in the latest beta
You just need to change the label tag like this:

Code: Select all

<label bold="true">#FFFFFFFF</label>
By the way is it ok to integrate the Galaxy skin in the next version? (it's in the beta). I think many people would want it
Cyril
zen

Post by zen »

cyril wrote:@zen: I added the bold feature in the latest beta
You just need to change the label tag like this:

Code: Select all

<label bold="true">#FFFFFFFF</label>
By the way is it ok to integrate the Galaxy skin in the next version? (it's in the beta). I think many people would want it
That would be nice, it saves people from a few extra steps. I'll allow it :) Afterall, I'm a fan of SKPro ;)

I've updated the Galaxy with the new bold fonts tag, and also tweaked the Enter/return key symbol to look more like the original Galaxy S.

Download:
galaxy.zip
Galaxy, updated Oct 18
(25.7 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
Attachments
Galaxy with bold letters
Galaxy with bold letters
galaxyhd.png (53.97 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
Last edited by zen on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.