Create your own skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Re: Create your own skins

Post by onthecouch »

Thanks Cyril for clarifying. So Zen, are the orange/green versions hi-res also? : )
eolsgaard
Phone: HTC Droid Indredible

Post by eolsgaard »

zen wrote:
eolsgaard wrote: My only suggestion for the Chiclet one is to make the keys a little less rigidly square on the corners, but that's not really a big deal. It's one of my favorites!
Thanks. I was indeed going back and forth between 3 and 4 pixels chamfer, and still can't decide. Crazy how 1 pixel can be a world of difference :shock: Maybe for the hi-res I'll make it 4px chamfer and leave the medium-res at 3px as it is now. I kinda like the rigid feel. :)

As comparison, iPhone, Galaxy, HTC have theirs at 4px; iPhone 4 doubles it to 8px; while the Droid/MotoBlur stays sharp at 2px.
It does fit with the whole "droid" thing! Funny, because iPhone has always looked the most "cartoony" and this is totally why.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

zen wrote:
Oveja wrote:I believe it just needs bold fonts and drop shadows on the letters, but that hasn't been enabled on the skins yet has it?
Yes, we're waiting for Cyril on that one. ;) As soon as the xml spec and the theme parser are updated, I'll make the changes. Drop shadow with emboss effect needs x-y offset values though, so I'm not sure if that's too much work for Cyril to implement.
Well, I still need to enable the "bold" option (should be quick). About shadows, there is already an option but that's right, it has no x/y parameter at the moment (x/y are just... 0)
Cyril
eolsgaard
Phone: HTC Droid Indredible

Post by eolsgaard »

Out of curiosity, is there a way to alter the color of the preview pop-ups? On the default HTC skin, it's black, and on SKP it's white. It would be fun to experiment with lots of different colors!
zen

Post by zen »

onthecouch wrote:Thanks Cyril for clarifying. So Zen, are the orange/green versions hi-res also? : )
Yes :)
dsf

Post by dsf »

Hi, could someone please create like a version of the hd skins from better keyboard as i really like them, and i'm sure many others do too. thanks :)
sendvic
Phone: samsung i5700 galaxy spica

Post by sendvic »

Hi, good and easy way to create skins but i'd also like to change:

accent_bg.9.png
accent_down.9.png
keyboard_key_feedback_background.9.png
keyboard_key_feedback_more_background.9.png

Is it possible?
dsf

Post by dsf »

Hi, will external skins slow down the keyboard, or make it less accurate please? Thanks :)
Link

Post by Link »

Per request i have modified my original GlossBlack skin to include blue button press and also added darkened mod, shift and alt keys. Hope you like.
GlossBlack2.png
GlossBlack2.png (53.88 KiB) Viewed 8303 times
Moved here: http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... f=13&t=622

- Link
Last edited by Link on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
- Link
Link

Post by Link »

Cyril,

Do you know if your keyboard will work on the Galaxy Tab? Any plan to support even higher res keyboards for that?

- Link
- Link