Ice Cream Sandwich copy [hdpi ONLY] [update 02/18/2012]

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
c00ller
Phone: HTC Hero CDMA

Ice Cream Sandwich copy [hdpi ONLY] [update 02/18/2012]

Post by c00ller »

If you look in this thread, meyergre made an ICS skin. This is great, but I wanted to mimic the look of the official ICS keyboard as much as possible. I started with meyergre's ICS-SDK skin for colors and symbol key images, then took button images from cyril's Gingerbread skin and recolored them to look like ICS keys (more flat and monotone).

In my efforts to mimic the official ICS keyboard as much as possible, these are the changes I made compared to meyergre's:
-Different key appearance. Specifically, the corners are more sharp and the top highlight is thinner to make the button look flatter.
-Colors of words in the candidate bar look exactly like that in the ICS keyboard instead of being mostly white.
-There is now a subtle but apparent divider between candidate words.
-Keyboard font changed from regular Roboto to bold Roboto.

This is how it turned out (Note: I set my key height to be smaller than default, that's why the keys may look short).

UPDATE 02/18/2012
A few things have been bugging me for some time. Well, I finally became not lazy and decided to fix it. I made the following changes in ICS Copy 2
-Changed background color of normal keys to be lighter and closer resemble the actual ICS keyboard
-Changed the appearance of the bottom left and right corners of normal keys to look better shaped

See screenshot below for a comparison.

ICS Copy 2.zip
(69.81 KiB) Downloaded 15803 times
[/size]
ICS Copy.zip
(69.8 KiB) Downloaded 4861 times
Also, I made this specifically for hdpi. I do not know enough about image editing to know how to efficiently resize what I have to display properly on mdpi. This skin will still work on mdpi devices, but it still has meyergre's images for those. Sorry! :oops:

Many thanks to cyril for making the Gingerbread skin available for customization, and thanks to meyergre for releasing the first ICS theme and helping me along the way.
Last edited by c00ller on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dan55

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich copy [hdpi ONLY]

Post by dan55 »

hi there,

this skin looks pretty cool on my desire - thanks

was wondering if it is possible to have the blue key preview added on keypress? ie the blue sort of triagle shape with the letter in it that appears on the standard ics style keyboard - wil try and post a pic of it

cheers
dan

c00ller

Post by c00ller »

dan55 wrote:was wondering if it is possible to have the blue key preview added on keypress? ie the blue sort of triagle shape with the letter in it that appears on the standard ics style keyboard - wil try and post a pic of it
I know what you mean. Unfortunately the key popup preview is one of the few visual elements in Smart Keyboard Pro that we cannot skin yet. Hopefully we will be able to some day.
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi c00ller
thanks for super fast reply :-)
thats a shame. hopefully Cyril will sort this for us soon ;-)

cheers
dan
Gnaver
Phone: Galaxy S5570, 2.2

Post by Gnaver »

Well i think that propably you can theme the apk itself to have this popup. But then all the skins will have this..
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi - right i see - think i could go with that :)
could always turn it off if i decide i dont want it

ta
c00ller

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich copy [hdpi ONLY] [update 02/18/2012]

Post by c00ller »

Updated the post with an improved version of the skin.
CryoManne
Phone: Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5830 Android 4.0

Post by CryoManne »

Hi, guys! I made this for MDPI!!
Attachments
ICS Copy 2.zip
HDPI-MDPI Version
(68.77 KiB) Downloaded 798 times
jimjeffery70
Phone: lg optimus 2.3

Post by jimjeffery70 »

can you make a white and blue skin as close to touch pal blue (the darker one ) as you can without being accussed of stealing it .maybe make blue a littele like the blue in the themed skulls keyboard. you seem to have a a great talent in making skins .