How to install skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
Shorte85
Phone: Droid Incredible

Re: How to install skins

Post by Shorte85 »

Okay, it works. However, the one that I edited seems to not show up in the list. I am not sure if it is because it is not compressing into a *.zip file correctly. I am not sure?

Is there a certain way to compress a *.zip file in order for it to work?
Skilover
Phone: Nook 2.1

Post by Skilover »

There are quite a number of better keyboard skins that I downloaded from the store that do not work. None are zip files- some like Oil Slick work; others do not. They down load to file : data/data. Anyway to fix this?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

BK skins have nothing to do with the OpenSkin format this forum is about. For BK skins you only need to install the app, and the skin will show up in the skin list automatically. If it doesn't, it means it's a protected skin, which Better Android (the author of these skins) doesn't want other keyboards to use.
Cyril
morganboy0
Phone: Samsung Tranfrom M920 android 2.1

Post by morganboy0 »

Someone please help me , okay so I downloaded astro file manager and then created a new .zip folder and named it skins , then I try to download a file my phone stills stay phone not supported , help I'm lost what do I do ?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

morganboy0 wrote:Someone please help me , okay so I downloaded astro file manager and then created a new .zip folder and named it skins , then I try to download a file my phone stills stay phone not supported , help I'm lost what do I do ?
Not sure what you call a ".zip folder"... you just need to create a folder named "skins" on your SD card, and put the skins there. If you have problems with Astro, just download skins from your computer and transfer them via USB to your phone.
Cyril
Kirara Young
Phone: Samsung Behold 2--> SGH-T939

Re: How to install skins? Question Please! Help!

Post by Kirara Young »

I am sorry if I am being a bother. I have the SGH-T939 Behold2 and I download it on my browser; however it say "Unknown" The file that is, and also that when I press menu it states "Delete Download. Nothing more just that as an option. What am I doing wrong? Is it my settings?

Do I need an app for this?

:mrgreen: Thank you :D
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Try with another browser, or to download from a computer and transfer the zip to your phone via USB.
Cyril
budlightallnight
Phone: droid incredible

Post by budlightallnight »

Mayb I'm not smartest guy in world but I downloaded skins, saved as zip files, downloaded astro file manager, not sure how 2 create skin document on sd card. I can c skin rules just wont appear under list of skins 2 select or apply 2 keyboard under select skin setting. PLZ HELP!!!
Kirara Young
Phone: Samsung Behold 2--> SGH-T939

Post by Kirara Young »

I used "Opera Mini" with the Astro Manager and it worked, but when I made a folder Directory with the Skin file in the folder I change it to skins.zip. Is that what I am to do? It showed up like it was correct. It did not show in my Smart Keyboard though. What did I do wrong? :D
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Kirara Young wrote:I used "Opera Mini" with the Astro Manager and it worked, but when I made a folder Directory with the Skin file in the folder I change it to skins.zip. Is that what I am to do? It showed up like it was correct. It did not show in my Smart Keyboard though. What did I do wrong? :D
You need to call that folder "skins" (at the root of your SD card). You don't need to change the skin name (it just has to end with .zip extension).
Cyril