How to install skins

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

How to install skins

Post by cyril »

To install the skins you will find in this forum, you just need to:

1) download a skin (a .zip file) from the forum. With some browsers such as Safari you may need to right click on the file name and choose "Save as..." in your browser, instead of just clicking on it. Warning! Your browser may want to save the file as "file.php"; if it is the case you must change the name, it must end with ".zip" extension, otherwise the skin will not appear in the list!
Note that you must not use Android Tapatalk app to see the download links on the forum! Use a normal browser instead.

2) once downloaded, copy (don't extract!) the corresponding .zip file to your SD card in a directory named "skins". You need to create this "skins" directory at the root of your SD card, if it doesn't exist.
You can do it directly from your phone with a File Manager (like "Astro File Manager"), otherwise plug your phone to your computer, turn on USB storage, and copy the file from your computer to the SD card (don't forget to create the "skins" directory if it doesn't exist). The skin should appear at the end of the skin list in the keyboard settings. If it doesn't, read the instructions again as it means you did something wrong!

If the keyboard appears all black when you load the skin, it means there is an error in the skin (for instance it doesn't support your phone resolution). In that case please report it in the forum so that the author of the skin can fix it
Cyril
wire-to-wire
Phone: Samsung Fascinate/ 2.1

Re: How to install skins

Post by wire-to-wire »

Thanks for the info, you helped me get this awesome new skin on my phone.
maygem82
Phone: HTC hero 2.2

Post by maygem82 »

How do I change it to .zip?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Just change the name when your browser asks you to save the file as "file.php". Otherwise just rename the file before copying it to the SD card
(BTW is a phpBB guru knows how to fix this problem, I would be very grateful to know how)
Cyril
tinnitus
Phone: htc desire 2.2

Post by tinnitus »

Hello!
I understood everything ............... regarding how to install skins
but where it is to download them?

Really Thank you ...
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Just look at the other threads in this forum
Cyril
starmart72
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.1

Post by starmart72 »

I have attempted to download the Droid.zip and it was unsuccessful as was the skin I attempted to download, it states in the error that its not supported by my device. Can you help me with this? I would really like to download the 3D skin. Droid 2.1 Thank you in advance. :shock:
StaceyM[*][/color][/size]
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

You should install "Astro File Manager" if you want to download directly from your phone
Cyril
Koala132
Phone: Droid 2.2

Post by Koala132 »

Thanks, I was about to throw my Droid through a wall cause it wasn't working. Now it makes sense.
So many thanks.

Koala132
pumpsNhips
Phone: htc incredible

Post by pumpsNhips »

hey i need help i wanna use the glossy one or 3d keyboard but i cant download it from my htc incredible
please help