PLEASE add option to Show Arrows on Main Keyboard

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
AndroidUser

Re: PLEASE add option to Show Arrows on Main Keyboard

Post by AndroidUser »

cenozoite
Phone: Dell Streak

Post by cenozoite »

FANTASTIC, Cyril!! Excellently done and implemented as usual, thank you, and Smart Keyboard Pro is now truly the unrivaled number one premiere keyboard on the Android platform, by far, bar none. Enabling actual typing on touchscreen devices everywhere! :)
AndroidUser

Post by AndroidUser »

Just gotta say thanks once again. I attended a meeting today and didn't bring pen & paper... boy did the new SmartKeyboard save my day. It's so much easier to do word processing with the arrow keys present. Really very well done Cyril!!

Brgds...
cenozoite
Phone: Dell Streak

Post by cenozoite »

Yep, there's nothing like a great product supported by a responsive developer, and this latest enhancement really turns SKP into a true hard keyboard alternative. The convenience of the arrow keys combined with the already existent speed and accuracy of Smart makes it the king of the keyboard jungle, and changes the overall touchscreen typing experience on Android from "frustrating and challenging" to "fluid and easy". Kudos galore! :D

By the way, no rush or urgency on this whatsoever, but now that we have the awesome arrow keys, a nice additional feature would be to be able to use them in text selection mode. Meaning, text selection mode is turned on through either a gesture or long press of some sort, after which moving the cursor with the arrows selects text letter-by-letter, just like a regular computer keyboard, and then cut/copy/paste operations can be done through the normal Android system menu. Again though it's no major priority as just having the arrows is fantastic enough already, but down the road it might be a cool extra feature to consider..

Thanks again!
hannsoft

Post by hannsoft »

Hi Cyril!

Thank you SOOO much! The arrows are perfect! One thing missing, though - is the ability to turn them on and off (unless it's there and I don't see it). See, some apps are designed in such a way that, when an "arrowed" keyboard that's larger than the stock keyboard (as Smart Keyboard is) is used, the actual text input box is shrunk so small that it's virtually unusable. You can't read what you're typing. So we'll need to be able to turn these arrows off sometimes. Is that possible?
AndroidUser

Post by AndroidUser »

hannsoft wrote:Hi Cyril!

Thank you SOOO much! The arrows are perfect! One thing missing, though - is the ability to turn them on and off (unless it's there and I don't see it). See, some apps are designed in such a way that, when an "arrowed" keyboard that's larger than the stock keyboard (as Smart Keyboard is) is used, the actual text input box is shrunk so small that it's virtually unusable. You can't read what you're typing. So we'll need to be able to turn these arrows off sometimes. Is that possible?
I just lowered the key height slightly... works very well :)

Brgds...
tmiv44
Phone: HTC Thunderbolt

Re: PLEASE add option to Show Arrows on Bottom Row

Post by tmiv44 »

AndroidUser wrote:I just realized I forgot to post the landscape keyboard... here you go.

So I guess the option should be called Show Arrows on Main Keyboard.

Best regards...

Maybe I'm the only one, but I hate the arrows on the keyboard on the default HTC Thunderbolt keyboard. It was my desire to get rid of them that sent me looking for a new keyboard (and of course led me to Smart Keyboard).

I don't mind the arrows in portrait view, but hate them in landscape view. Maybe these four be seperate options ?

However I really like the way the Gingerbread keyboard does it where you hold the space bar and slide up/down to show/hide the arrows.

-Tm
hannsoft

Post by hannsoft »

But that's not an easily toggled change, if I understand you correctly.

But that does remind me of another nit. I wish we could have numeric values on that key height dialog! So we could know what we'd set it to and how to get it back ....

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
foruum

Post by foruum »

It will be great to add also buttons for copy, cut, paste, undo actions on main page or at least to add these buttons on on Arrows page, just expanding Only Arrows style to Arrows with Clipboard.
nicky041192
Phone: HTC Wildfire Official 2.2

Post by nicky041192 »

give us the option to only enable the arrows only in landscape or in portrait mode :D