Auto-suggest previous words when BACK key is pressed.

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
silverspear
Phone: HTC Desire - 2.2

Auto-suggest previous words when BACK key is pressed.

Post by silverspear »

Hi:

I have a sort of feature request that i found very useful in my previous keyboard software, to correct words that are typed too fast.

First, a disclaimer.. i use the t9 input mode 100% of the time on my HTC desire, so those who use the keyboard layout might not feel this need, i'm not sure. anyway, let me proceed to explain my request.

For example, if i want to type the sentence "come to me now" on my T9 quickly, after typing, i will get "come to of now".

As some might know, pressing "6" and "3" on the T9 will get either "of" or "me", of which the word "of" is always set as the priority word, and "me" as the next in priority, thus getting "come to of now" when i type very fast.

At this point, i will press the backspace button to erase "now". when the cursor reaches the word "of", i hope that auto-suggest can be activated again automatically, so that i can just select it without having to erase "of", and to retype "63" and select "me" in auto suggest.

Now, the interesting thing is that if i type "come to me " with a space, i will get "come to of ", but when i press backspace once to erase the space, the auto-suggest for "of" comes back on automatically!

the auto-suggest only does not come back on if i start typing the next word.

Are you able to enable auto-suggest for every word that the cursor encounters when doing backspace? this really helps for long words that needs correcting.

Thanks!