Accent chars with double clicks

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
gtgt

Accent chars with double clicks

Post by gtgt »

Hi!
I bought the SmartKeyboard and quite satisfied with it. I'm from hungary, so using the hungarian layout. We have lot (9) chars with accent and those are used frequently in the language. That results me lot-lot long-push on keyboard. Using accents the current way causes lot mistakes and slows the typing process down because I have to wait the timeout every time and move my finger while pushing the screen to a small area (try it, you will see).
Until SmartKeyboard I used a very simple keyboard which made from the android SDK keyboard sample. SmartKeyboard is way better by features, but that had a good solution for this: for accents, you had to double click on its pair within a timeout. Like when you use numeric keyboard for letters. For example: if you push button "e" twice, you will have "é". If you push "u" twice, you will have "ú". That layout had extra two buttons for "ö" (one click) / "ő" (two click) and "ü" / "ű". But that can be ok if I need triple or four times push a button in this case (o > ó > ö > ő and u > ú > ü > ű), however the extra buttons seems slightly better.

With this, we can forget the selection for alternative chars. The long-press can write the number or symbol without selection (without accents only one selection will remain).

Of course I wanna request this as an option to not force everyone to use double (triple, etc.) clicks for accents instead of old long-push mechanism.

Anyways, I attached the layout from that keyboard. Please consider to implement it. It may help for other languages with accent chars.
Thanks
Attachments
The layout
The layout
hunbillv03b.png (8.09 KiB) Viewed 1450 times