closest thing to iPhone but slightly short

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
christian
Phone: g2x 2.2

closest thing to iPhone but slightly short

Post by christian »

Obviously this keyboard will respond slightly differently on different android devices... one slight thing on the lg g2x is that the backspace is pretty close to the right side of the screen.. this can be fixed adding a case to the phone...

But this isn't that big of a deal...

A major thing is the suggestions... although this keyboard gives you multiple suggestions on one line, it puts a bigger space in between the keyboard and what you are writing. Your eyes have to travel a longer distance to check what you actually wrote.

This makes typing take longer over time for the just part. You can argue that multiple choices save time too, but a well trained keyboard makes this feature less effective.
Also, this makes the texting process more fatiguing on the eyes.

If you think this is purely subjective, think about all the iPhone users jumping ship.. The switch over to get used to Android typing is a long cumbersome process that could be made easier.

Anyhow, whichever you look at it, I give a plus one for small popup correction suggestions like the iPhone's...

Oh, and I oreffer all caps letters that are bold too. The little numbers and stuff are nice but it outs wear and tear in visibility too.

With that said, this is still my favorite keyboard on android because I canadjust it to almost duplicate iPhone functionality.
richardkemp
Phone: ZTE Blade - CM7

Re: closest thing to iPhone but slightly short

Post by richardkemp »

Oh, and I oreffer all caps letters that are bold too. The little numbers and stuff are nice but it outs wear and tear in visibility too.
This is available, look in settings. And what would you propose to move what you are writing closer to the keyboard? Can you not just scroll up slightly in whatever it is you're putting the text into? Alternatively try the option to force full-screen in portrait. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what it is you are trying to describe.
christian

Post by christian »

VS

Also, the correction suggestions (that come up in orange) on Android VS iPhone jump all over the place making your eyes go bonkers!
christian

Post by christian »

Maybe I just have to get used to it lol

Anyhow, your keyboard is my have so far. Thanks for the tips. Got it pretty close to my iPhone.