2 suggestions...

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
wow400
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

2 suggestions...

Post by wow400 »

First of all, many thanks for a great app!

Please can we have an option to remove both the mic key & the smiley key & therefore have the space bar even wider.
Alternatively, is there any way to reduce the width of the smiley key - it's quite a bit wider than the ?123 key...

Also, can we have an autocorrect function that detects if the user types 2 correct words but accidentally has another letter separating the two (ie hellobeveryone) - be great for the autocorrect to recognise that & replace the b in the example with a space!.

You may have these functions already but I cannot find them!

Kind regards,

wow
cfitzgerald11
Phone: HTC EVO

Re: 2 suggestions...

Post by cfitzgerald11 »

bump! :)
SaKeygo
Phone: HTC Evo 4g

Post by SaKeygo »

Hiding the period and microphone key can be found under:
General Settings → "Hide Period" and "Hide Comma"
The "Hide Comma" option hides the Mic key.
They can be found at the bottom of the "General Settings" menu. Just above the "Bottom Padding" option.
wow400

Post by wow400 »

What about hiding the smiley key?
SaKeygo
Phone: HTC Evo 4g

Post by SaKeygo »

I'm not sure about "hiding" the Smiley key. There is an additional option under General settings that says "Smiley Key - show Smiley key instead of enter".
This has the options - Auto, off, on.
This will show the Enter key instead - if that's what you mean.
wow400

Post by wow400 »

Thanks Sakeygo - perhaps because I have podgy fingers or something but what I'd like to do is to be able to hide the smiley key (and have it accessed some other way if needs be) so all I have on the bottom row is?123 key, period key and a long space bar.

That would really stop me hitting other keys instead of the space bar! :lol:

So I guess, replace the smiley key with a period or comma key?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Actually there is no "smiley key", it's just the enter key, which sometimes displays smileys (always, if you enable the smiley key option), or actions ("Go", "Done", etc.)
Removing the enter key would make the keyboard quite unusable, are you sure you would really want this?
Cyril
wow400

Post by wow400 »

Hi Cyril,
seeing as I SMS most of the time, I don't really need an enter key so I would say yes.
Perhaps there could be an auto setting where if Smart keyboard detects a non-sms application then the enter key could re-appear?

Also, can we have an autocorrect function that detects if the user types 2 correct words but accidentally has another letter separating the two (ie hellobeveryone) - be great for the autocorrect to recognise that & replace the b in the example with a space!.

Kind regards,

wow
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

wow400 wrote:Also, can we have an autocorrect function that detects if the user types 2 correct words but accidentally has another letter separating the two (ie hellobeveryone) - be great for the autocorrect to recognise that & replace the b in the example with a space!.
Similar to http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... f=2&t=1028, I guess. But at the moment I have no idea on how to do this, it's much more complex than it seems.
Cyril
wow400

Post by wow400 »

Could it not be done by testing the typed word with the dictionary & see if the typed word is actually 2 dictionary words separated by a letter?

Don't really know what I'm talking about though :oops:

Thanks again for your help Cyril