voice recognition

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
vulnak88
Phone: motorola android

voice recognition

Post by vulnak88 »

Is the voice recognition going to be fixed where it automatically fills in the box. instead of having to choose text.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: voice recognition

Post by cyril »

It's not a fix, it's a feature :p
I tried it and got some problems with several apps, so at the moment I prefer not to release this feature (maybe later if I find another solution)
Cyril
thehumbletrader
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.2

Post by thehumbletrader »

This is my first post, so thank you for the great app! Not to beat a dead horse, but I would also enjoy the option to have Smart Keyboard Pro automatically insert top ranked voice recognition result into the text box. Just wanted to chime in.

All My Best,

James
john103

Post by john103 »

I personally love choosing from options and it's the reason why I prefer SmartKeyboard's voice input over stock method.
It's maybe because I'm using both Korean & English for voice input.

Cyril, one feature that would be great for people like me, if I understand correctly.. this keyboard was made for people who use multiple languages :D , is that probably at the very bottom, show the voice input as if it was English.

For example, if I say "can-di", smart keyboard shows '캔디' at the top, this is candy written in Korean, but at the same time, I would also like the voice input to show 'Candy' at the bottom. (Right now, my voice input is set as Korean as the first choice choice)

I'm sure this feature can be helpful for people who use lots of english words in their mother tongue as well.