Smart dictionary

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Smart dictionary

Post by cyril »

This has been requested in several threads, so let's make this one the "official" thread for this topic ;)

The "smart dictionary" is a dictionary which learns what you type, and gives the most frequently typed word a better rank in the suggestion bar. It also adds automatically unknown words to the user dictionary, with a priority which is low at the beginning (to avoid suggesting words added by mistake in the user dictionary), but growing each time you use these words.

This even works for languages for which there is no dictionary, as it will learn words as you type them.

And the good news is that this feature now exists!

I added it in v1.27.0, but at the moment it is disabled by default so you have to enable it in the settings, through "Advanced settings > Smart Dictionary (experimental)"

There is probably much room for improvement (especially regarding performance), but it has now reached a point where you can already use and test it, so I'm really waiting for your feedbacks, especially for languages other than english (but also for english, of course ;) )
If you ever experience crashes (but you should not), please send me a log report with "Log Collector" app.

Enjoy!
Cyril
inoam
Phone: hero

Re: Smart dictionary

Post by inoam »

This and proxmity? Nice!
Looking forward for testing.
swebu
Phone: HTC Magic 1.6

Re: Smart dictionary

Post by swebu »

I'm using it with German language...it works perfect! :)