Smiley Editor

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
adrenalinerush12
Phone: HTC Droid Eris Android 2.1

Smiley Editor

Post by adrenalinerush12 »

In the smiley editor, I was wanting an option to add a custom smiley, such as ":)" instead of ":-)". Is there a way to just insert the text and not the stupid looking Android emoticons?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Smiley Editor

Post by cyril »

Well, that's why it's called an editor, you can change the smileys !!!!
Cyril
adrenalinerush12

I know, but when you go into the smiley editor, it only gives a list of smileys you can use. None of those are ":)". They're all the stupid Android smiley icons which I hate. Can't we add a custom smiley option to put whatever on that key?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

I think I was not clear enough... the "smiley editor" (in the settings) is an editor! You just need to press a smiley to edit it! (I thought it was intuitive.. but I can add a help message as it seems needed..)
Of course you cannot use the smiley key when you are in the smiley editor (maybe that's what you were trying to do...), as this key is updated by the editor... you need to edit the text with the symbol layout, and press "backspace" to remove the -
Cyril
adrenalinerush12

I feel like a retard now. Thanks so much man. I didn't even TRY to tap on one of the smileys. I assumed if I tapped on one, it would replace that default smiley with one I tapped on. Sorry about that. Thanks so much.