Option to still show autocomplete after autocompletion

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
avar
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

Option to still show autocomplete after autocompletion

Post by avar »

It's easiest to explain this by example, let's say I've typed "Disco", I'll get the following autocomplete option visible on my screen:

Code: Select all

[Disco][Cisco][Discover][Discount]
I click "Discover", at which point the autocomplete bar shows punctuation suggestions, I'd like it to still show suggestions for words starting with "Discover" as if I had manually typed "Discover" and hadn't used the autocomplete, i.e.:

Code: Select all

[Discover][Discovery][Discovered]
Being able to do multi-step autocomplete like this would be much faster, since if I want to type "Discovered" I could just type "Disco", followed by clicking on "Discover", followed by clicking on "Discovered".

Now I have to either click "Discover" and afterwards type "ed", or just manually type the whole thing.
DavidR
Phone: Samsung Stratosphere, Android 2.3

Re: Option to still show autocomplete after autocompletion

Post by DavidR »

On my phone, there is an arrow at the right end of the row of autocomplete suggestions. When I tap it, it scrolls through further suggestions. Thus when I type "Disco" and tap the arrow, I get suggestions for Discovery, Discovered, etc., which are available to tap.
avar
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

Re: Option to still show autocomplete after autocompletion

Post by avar »

> On my phone, there is an arrow at the right end of the row of
> autocomplete suggestions. When I tap it, it scrolls through further
> suggestions. Thus when I type "Disco" and tap the arrow, I get
> suggestions for Discovery, Discovered, etc., which are available to
> tap.

Yes, but that's not the feature I'm requesting. I can use that feature perfectly, it's useful when you e.g. type "Stat" and get:

[Stat][Status][State][Station][Stan]...

And want to access further completions like "States", "Stats" and "Standup".

What I'm requesting is that when I click "State" the keyboard should show words that start with "State" as autocomplete options, not the punctuation completions like it currently does.