Spanish Keyboard and Esperanto Support

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Spanish Keyboard and Esperanto Support

Post by cyril »

Hilikus wrote:the dictionary is missing some really common words, like "los", which is the plural form of THE. where did you get this dictionary? can we see the word list somewhere? if not, at least I would like to know how many words it has, to see if I can find a better one
Well, "los" is in the dictionary... it's the dictionary of android stock keyboard (the one from Google), and I know it's not perfect ;)
About "razón" vs "razones", the problem indeed comes from the fact that "ó" is not the typed letter so it has less priority than "o". I will check how to improve this
Cyril
Hilikus
Phone: HTC Legend

Post by Hilikus »

how did you check the words?
i swear when i type Los it suggests something else, it suggests losar
what could be the problem??
Clegs
Phone: Droid Incredible (Android 2.1)

Post by Clegs »

Los is in my dictionary... I'm not sure why it's not working for you.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hilikus wrote:how did you check the words?
i swear when i type Los it suggests something else, it suggests losar
what could be the problem??
Well... I have the word list in front of my eyes now, and "los" is in the dictionary, and "losar" is not! (is it even a spanish word??)
Are you sure you installed "Spanish for smart keyboard"? Maybe your suggestions only come from the user dictionary (which may have been filled automatically by the smart dictionary, if you use it)
Cyril
Clegs
Phone: Droid Incredible (Android 2.1)

Post by Clegs »

Losar is the second option on my keyboard. It's the verb for 'to tile'. But 'los' is also in my list (which may be from the fact that I use that word a lot so it has moved up in the list).
I do not have the user dictionary enabled so I know both are in the actual dictionary.
Hilikus

Post by Hilikus »

I have an HTC phone, could it be that they have a different dictionary??

I have "current language" as spanish, i see ES in the language key. I also have english installed.
I do have a user dictionary in the android stock keyboard as well as in smart keyboard but they are both pretty small, like 10 words in each. I do have smart keyboard enabled but not "learn new words"

would pictures help? i can take a screenshot of the phone not recognizing Los
Hilikus

Post by Hilikus »

mmm never mind. i uninstalled the spanish dictionary, reinstalled it. disabled smart dictionary, changed the skin, and something did the trick. i don't know what
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

By the way, my mistake, "losar" is indeed in the dictionary, I was looking at the wrong place...

I think disabling the smart dictionary did the trick, as it's the only thing which can change the priority of suggestions (probably it wasn't smart enough - or too smart ;) )
Cyril
Hilikus

Post by Hilikus »

mmm the weird thing is if it was that, i reenabled smart dictionary and it still works fine. Is the frequency info from the smart dictionary reset when the option is disabled and reenabled?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Indeed it's not... I thought you uninstalled the keyboard, but if you didn't do it the smart dic should remember all what you typed before...
Cyril