Feature Requests topic - post here instead of a new thread

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
snesreviews
Phone: Nexus 7

Re: Feature Requests topic - post here instead of a new thre

Post by snesreviews »

Don't know if its possible, but while typing in landscape, it would be great to move the home / navigation keys elsewhere. When I type, I always hit the home button when I'm trying to hit space! Top or sides or disabling it would be ideal!
superbhyper

Post by superbhyper »

hi,

I bought this superb app. Thank you for it.
I think a copy-paste function would be great. Also a testing function in the configuration menu.
And I vote for the extra line to the special caracters (hungarian: áőöóíúűüé)
cheers
chr
Panth
Phone: HTC Sensation with AOKP Jelly Bean

Post by Panth »

Would like to use single letters from dictionary. I use "i" alot, but even tho i've manually added it to the dictionary, the dictionary in T9 doesn't "begin" untill 2nd letter typed.

1st letter only shows ex. "g h i"

Then i have to select "i" from sugestions every time i wanna use it.
Michael @VIP@
Phone: galaxy S3 icecream Sandwitch OS

Post by Michael @VIP@ »

I am sorry for opening a new thread for feature request as I haven't noticed this thread.
Please see my request here:
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... =2&t=92049
yhwhsupports
Phone: Droid X 2.2

Post by yhwhsupports »

It seems there haven't been many more downloads of Smart Keyboard Pro on the market in the 2 years I've had it, so I'm guessing the project is a little neglected, and who could blame Cyril, there's no reason to dump money or time into a dead project, even though skp is phenomenal. My issue is that I tried a new keyboard, SwiftKey 3, and it helps me type nearly flawlessly. SKP does a great job, and I love the skins, especially all the ones I made myself, and the addition of the font capabilities made that even sweeter. I'm writing this to hopefully influence Cyril into looking at SwiftKey 3 and see if he can make SKP better through some of their work. I certainly miss my skin, and a couple of the features that SwiftKey 3 is lacking, but when it comes to me needing a keyboard that keeps my typing flawless, SwiftKey 3 has surpassed SKP.

Thanks,
Entry typed with SwiftKey 3
boowalley
Phone: EVO 4G Android 2.1

Post by boowalley »

Aman, brother. This app has been abandoned to the dismay of one of it's early adopters and fans. The market is full of outstanding keyboards and I use them but I always hold out a little hope that SKP will somehow come back to life. I also use swiftkey and Super keyboard is the closet I've come to SKP. But with the SKP Voice input stuck in froyo, it's kind of hard to justify using especially since I'm running Jelly Bean on my SG3. :oops:
polstein
Phone: Galaxy Note

Post by polstein »

Assuming the app is ever updated again..

Please implement a block word feature, ie long-click on a word int he suggested bar to never add it to a black list of words that will never show in the bar again (with a way to edit the list in case of an accidental addition)
Woam
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Post by Woam »

Hi,
Is there a way to hide the apostrophe button in portrait mode using french azerty keyboard? I can't find the option to hide it and I often hit the button instead of backspace when typing and it's a bit annoying. I've added thhe apostrophe in my personalized toolbar at the top of the keyboard so it's useless to have it on the keyboard and it'd be better if the backspace was larger without the apostrophe button. So if there was an option to hide it that would be great.
Great keyboard, the best I ever used!! Very good job
gadgetsnpepsi
Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Active ICS Rooted

Post by gadgetsnpepsi »

This isn't really a feature request, I think. More like a skin request, or enhancement to the skin. :)

I use Smart Keyboard Pro now as my default keyboard. I've tried lots of other keyboards, and this is the only one that has a near perfect pure Black skin. It's great, except for one minor thing that it doesn't have: a different key color when pressed. Like, if I don't enable pop up, vibrate or sounds in the keyboard, there isn't a visible way for me to see that I've pressed the right key. I don't use the dictionary, or auto-correct, since I'm not in a primarily English speaking country.

I know that I can just enable the pop up when pressed, but I'd rather not since it eats a little more memory if enabled (based on a blog post I read before).

Changing that key pressed color to, say, blue or green would be awesome. Or, better yet, add a functionality so the user can set this, especially for solid color skins like Black or White (o look, feature request! I'm not off-topic now!)