Give Custom Auto-Text Priority

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
Astronomer
Phone: Nexus One

Give Custom Auto-Text Priority

Post by Astronomer »

I'm a big fan of Smart Keyboard. I went from a Sidekick (with the best hardware keyboard on the market) to a Nexus One, and I feared that I would never learn to type effectively on a virtual keyboard. Now that I've discovered Smart Keyboard, I'm glad I made the switch.

One improvement I'd like to see would be to give user-defined auto-text shortcuts priority over the other dictionaries. There's no point in programing an auto-text shortcut if it just gets overridden by another dictionary replacement. My most frustrating example is that I've established that "yy" should become the name of someone I know whose name begins and ends with Y, with a total of 8 letters. As often as I use this person's name, it would be an exceptionally convenient auto-text replacement. Except that Smart Keyboard prefers to replace "yy" with the word "the" from the common dictionary. There are several other instances as well. Auto-text replacement was especially well implemented on the Sidekick, and I used it extensively. I've tried to carry them over to my Nexus One, but Smart Keyboard prevents many of my most cherished auto-text words from working because it gives other dictionaries priority over the auto-text entries I've programmed.

I appreciate the developer's efforts to make Smart Keyboard the best Android keyboard in the Market. Nothing else comes close.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Give Custom Auto-Text Priority

Post by cyril »

Hello
yes it's a kind of bug fix I have in my TODO list, I need to work on this once I have some time
Cyril
Astronomer
Phone: Nexus One

Re: Give Custom Auto-Text Priority

Post by Astronomer »

Thanks, Cyril. Yours is the best keyboard in the market, and I look forward to your updates.