Improve autocorrect

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
Barleyman
Phone: Acer Liquid Android 2.1

Improve autocorrect

Post by Barleyman »

Some learning from the competition here?

Swift keyboard X has two modes for autocorrection. There's the standard mode which works something like Smart keyboard's for "careful typists" that use suggestions a lot. And then there's the "fast typing" mode which limits autocorrection to +/- 1 longer/shorter words and limits how many typos can be changed..

My problem with smart keyboard pro predictions is that sometimes the autocorrect inserts a wildly different word. This happens especially when the word I'm typing does not exist in the dictionary but something similar does, never mind that the replacement replaces most letters and is much longer!

So could we have "conservative" autocorrect mode where only limited guesses are made?
Barleyman
Phone: Acer Liquid Android 2.1

Re: Improve autocorrect

Post by Barleyman »

Bump. Any chance of this? Especially auto-added words get pushed into rather inappropriate places. I think the lenght matching would be good starting point, thats usually the reason for wild guesses.

So I'd like mode where pressing space does NOT insert autocorrect word if its not same length +/- 1 char as what you typed.
brandobean
Phone: epic 4g

Re: Improve autocorrect

Post by brandobean »

THIS. So much this. This is my #1 feature request by such a large margin I would literally donate $15 for this app if you would add it. Limit autocorrect to words that are either the same length or within 1 character (for minor misspellings). I get wild autocorrected word inserted CONSTANTLY and it makes me look terrible. Sometimes I'll enter 3 characters and SKP will change it to a 10 character word that makes me sound like a crazy person.

Please, over any other feature, this one I need desperately.