more sensitive swiping

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
dsf

more sensitive swiping

Post by dsf »

Hi, would it be possible to maybe have an option to increase the sensitivity of the swiping options, as i find that when i swipe, it does nothing. i have tested other keyboards, and the swiping tends to be a lot more sensitive. please could you look into it. thanks :)
Sally Mack
Phone: HTC Desire Froyo

Re: more sensitive swiping

Post by Sally Mack »

I would have to agree with this... sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 swipes to trigger the action.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Increasing the sensitivity would have unexpected side effects on multitouch, so it's a bit dangerous, but there is probably room for improvement.
Anyway swipe works (almost ;) )100% of the time once you understand you need to really start the gesture from one end of the keyboard. Speed doesn't really matter if you do that.
Cyril
Mandark
Phone: HTC Legend, Android 2.1

Post by Mandark »

Having just made a comment about swyping, I must say I didn't know about the "start the gesture from one end of the keyboard".
I assume I'm not the only one, so, perhaps You could mention it somewhere? (not sure where, perhaps in the changelog, or on a first swype? :P)
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

I added this option in the latest beta. Sensitivity has also been increased by default.
Can you try?
Cyril
teomor
Phone: htc desire - android 2.2

Post by teomor »

wow. the new sensitivity option makes closing the kb waaaay more easy.
i already put a feature request out for a close button on the kb, but it seems it isn't necessary anymore.
GREAT new feature!!

ps: i don't use multitouch, i don't even know what the means when it comes to using a keyboard.. :)
dsf

Post by dsf »

cyril wrote:I added this option in the latest beta. Sensitivity has also been increased by default.
Can you try?
Thanks very much, it's a lot easier :)