T9 keypad that uses the entire width of the screen

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
BozQ
Phone: Motorola Milestone (and HTC Dream/G1)

T9 keypad that uses the entire width of the screen

Post by BozQ »

T9 keyboard that uses the entire screen width.

Hi cyril,

First of all, love the new update with the galaxy skin. Looks mind blowing awesome.

Secondly, in a very recent update, you modified the Compact QWERTY keyboard to make full use of the screen width in portrait mode. I was wondering if you would also consider doing the same thing for the T9 layout as well?

Perhaps you could consider redesigning it in such a way that it is actually possible to type messages with one hand. Eg: just the big thumb to type.

Currently, your T9 layout is a little cramp with a couple of keys with very little functions. I am referring to the period key, the tilde, question mark, etc.

I have a Samsung phone that doesn't run on android and it comes with a pretty good T9 keypad that I'm quite fairly satisfied with. I have uploaded a picture with the URL below.

http://bit.ly/9sHrBJ

As you can see, the keys occupy the width of the screen. With most of the common punctuations cascaded into the "1" and "0" key.

If you do consider re-designing the T9 layout, may I suggest putting all punctuations to the "1" key. Press once for the period key and long press for everything else. Or at least a pop up list of the more commonly used punctuations.

Ok. I will stop here for now as this post seems to be stretching in length.

My very basic point here is to have the main 9 keys occupy the width of the screen. Add if you could do that, your app will effectively be the first keyboard to have this feature for Android. There are no other keyboards I know that does this. And I think its also worth promoting about in the market.

Thank you very much, keep up the excellent work. I will surely be recommending all my Android friends to buy this keyboard if they want something better. Cheers!