Suggestion

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
xWOLKx
Phone: HTC Aria - CM6 - 2.2

Suggestion

Post by xWOLKx »

Hi everybody
I'm an italian owner of SK Pro. I think that this is a very powerfull keyboard.
But....I think that it needs a fondamental feature...I explain.

When I write a word in Phone Keyboard Mode with T9, sometimes (for italian very frequently) the word who I want doesn't exist in dictionary.
So I need to scroll all the words suggested (for search it), if I don't find a similar word I need to delete the word, disable T9, and write it again and reactivate T9...then I need to add to the dictionary...

The solution that I think is to add (ALWAYS) at the end of suggested words a -link- "Add word to dictionary" that delete automatically the word I had wrote, and permits me to insert the new word into SMS (and simultaneously into dictionary), without T9.

Other interesting feature is when I write a single letter.
For example in italian if I press 2, SK writes A (correct), with 3 writes D (not good), with 4 writes G (no problem), with 5 writes J (But is better L! not K or J that are never used).
With SK the first letter, for example, if I press 3 the char is D, but in italian "E" equals word AND, and "è" equals IS and are use frequently! But SK suggests me D, so I need two click to write e.

I'm sorry for my english, I hope is all simple and clear :)) :arrow:
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Suggestion

Post by cyril »

Hello
maybe I didn't understand well, but isn't it exactly what has been proposed in this other topic?
Cyril
xWOLKx
Phone: HTC Aria - CM6 - 2.2

Re: Suggestion

Post by xWOLKx »

Yes the problem is the same but the solution doesn't always work because I write word in part with T9.
Example:
"FESTEGGIARTI"
I write "FESTEGGIA" with T9, then I press 7 and select "R" from suggestion box, then write "TI" with T9.
correct me if I am wrong but this word isn't added to dictionary!
With HTC keyboard, when you send message, all the words that are in message but not in dictionary are added automatically to dictionary for next time.

However I think that it's better add the possibility to add words without T9 like GoBBLeS's suggestion.

For the second problem I can't find solution. I'll explain:
"E" in italian equals "AND" in english,
"è" in italian equals "IS" in english,
"O" in italian equals "OR" in english,
"I" in italian equals "THE" in english,
"L' " in italian equals "THE" in english,

So you can see that in italian there are a lot of "words" with a single letter very important and very used.
I think that SK need a counter for the word's use.
In this case, If I press 3, T9 must suggest me "E", not D not F. Because if the word have only one letter (and I press "space" immediatly) D or F are never used.

Example. I want to write "You and Me"(english) = "You e Me"(italian)
99 times on 100 I write "You d Me"

Words more used, need to be the first suggestion, also if they have 1 letter