question about word frequency

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
goodie
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S

question about word frequency

Post by goodie »

As far as I know, if I use smart dictionary, new words are automatically added to the word list,
and the frequencies are counted so that more frequently-used words can be suggested first.

Just out of curiosity... Is it also true when I do not use smart dictionary,
the frequency is still counted and the word suggestion changes accordingly?
or is there no change either in the word list or in frequency count?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: question about word frequency

Post by cyril »

if I use smart dictionary, new words are automatically added to the word list,
and the frequencies are counted so that more frequently-used words can be suggested first.
That's how it worked in the beginning but it's no longer the case. Now the smart dictionary only records frequency of typed words, and the automatic addition of new words is now another option ("learn new words")

This answers your second question :) Frequencies can change if and only if you use the smart dictionary option
Cyril
mazz0310
Phone: Droid

Re: question about word frequency

Post by mazz0310 »

cyril wrote:
if I use smart dictionary, new words are automatically added to the word list,
That's how it worked in the beginning but it's no longer the case. Now the smart dictionary only records frequency of typed words, and the automatic addition of new words is now another option ("learn new words")

This answers your second question :) Frequencies can change if and only if you use the smart dictionary option
Is there any way to reset the smart dictionary, so that it starts with 0, some words i've used multiple times like Home and I would like the default to be "home" .... should I just type the latter a few times until it because primary?