key shortcuts

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

key shortcuts

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

with all other keyboard, you can hold the menu button down and press a for select all, c for copy, z for paste, e for selecting text, etc.. this doesn't work with smart keyboard being enabled as the default input method (for the hard keyboard on the Moto Droid at least. please fix this, thanks Cyril!
Last edited by nick.koutrelakos on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: key shortcuts

Post by cyril »

Hi
Hmm I cannot test now, but I think my app intercepts the "menu" button when hard suggestions are enabled, which would explain that. I will have a look
Which app are you talking about ?
Cyril
nick.koutrelakos

What do you mean by "which app are you talking about"? with the stock keyboard, or Swype, one is able to hold the menu button on the hard keyboard, OR the touch menu button, and simultaneously press 'a' to select all... With Smart Keyboard Pro, it just enters the shortcut letter (in this case 'a') and then brings up the menu of whatever app you are in (Browser, Messaging, GMail, etc...)

But actually, you're right, it only doesn't work when hard keyboard suggestions are enabled. When they're not enabled, shortcuts work perfectly :). i don't know if you can fix it for when hard keyboard suggestions ARE enabled, but if you can't, it's definitely no big deal.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Well.. the problem is that I can't reproduce what you describe (menu + A for instance) in the emulator, so it's not easy to investigate and fix the issue. Send me a Moto Droid and I'll fix it ;)
Cyril
nick.koutrelakos

it's really not a big deal at all. i use my hard keyboard for texting informally, so i dont really want autocorrect on it. and as i said before, when hard keyboard suggestions are off, the key shortcuts used with menu + simultaneous pressing of a letter work fine.
pedram
Phone: HTC EVO 4G / Droid 2.1

Post by pedram »

With the hardware suggest option disabled I am unable to get the soft-key menu+a/c/v/x to work on the HTC Evo 4G Droid 2.1. Is there some other option blocking this feature?

Thanks