Spell check + Auto Correction on Physical Keyboard?

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Spell check + Auto Correction on Physical Keyboard?

Post by cyril »

I think I understand... when you use the physical keyboard, the soft keyboard disappear, right ?
Cyril
mazz0310
Phone: Droid

Post by mazz0310 »

Yeah when we open the keyboard the soft keyboard goes away. And we don't see correction bar, and when I have it enabled it doesn't correct things like I'm and sich. Y
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Yes ok I see the problem... Working on a fix
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hi
it was not that easy actually! but now it works at least with the emulator, so I hope it works on the real Droid as well ;)
Cyril
mazz0310
Phone: Droid

Post by mazz0310 »

It is confirmed to be working very well on the Droid. I appreciate the quick implementation.

What about auto correcting though, like if I accidentally push an extra letter by accident or something?

But like I said, I appreciate it, and it works great right now.

Just an edit after using a little: wer doesn't change to we're , and when you try to backspace to correct a word it just undoes what you corrected making the word a big mess.
warrenglen

Post by warrenglen »

Cyril,

First of all I want to thank you for your hard work in creating this keyboard. And a BIG THANKS for adding the hardware keyboard support!!! The fact that you implemented it so quickly really impresses me (although, I know it wasn't easy).

I have to agree with what mazz0310 stated regarding the backspacing correction issue. Besides from a few minor things, the only other issue I have is the fact that the SHIFT and ALT keys don't work correctly for the hardware keyboard. (e.g., I try and type a capitol letter or a number and it just types the regular letter). Am I the only one having this problem???

All in all I'm very happy that at least somebody took the initiative to implement a "smarter" keyboard than the rest... I look forward to future updates whenever they come around.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hi
I fixed the shift and alt issue (hopefully). However I didn't manage to handle correctly the cursor when alt key is pressed.. I don't think it's a big deal, but anyway I give up..
Cyril
warrenglen

Post by warrenglen »

cyril wrote:Hi
I fixed the shift and alt issue (hopefully). However I didn't manage to handle correctly the cursor when alt key is pressed.. I don't think it's a big deal, but anyway I give up..
Yep, both keys work perfectly now :D Thanks!!
OKK77
Phone: HTC Dream - CyanogenMod 4.2.14.1

Post by OKK77 »

I love the ability to turn the correction on/off. Because normally when I open up the physical keyboard, I want the text to appear as I type. :)