More T9 Features

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
Mattrendall
Phone: Droid X 2.2

More T9 Features

Post by Mattrendall »

I love that the predictive text learns what words you use more than others and suggests those first, but it would be nice to be able to turn that option off and set your own word order. I think the smoothest way of doing this would be when you're typing a word in T9 and the suggestions come up, if you could long press on a word and drag it to the position you want it to be. For instance, if you press 4283, you get have, gave, hate, gate. If you could long press and drag gate to the first position and then have 4283 suggest gate first, that would be awesome.

Second, I would love the 1 button to be a general punctuation button like on a traditional phone with T9, rather than exclusively an apostrophe. And then the phone would predict which punctuation you want to use. If you hit it once you get a period, but if you put an S right after, you'd get an apostrophe and so on. It's rather frustrating that if I teach my phone a new name, it doesn't automatically let me do that name with an apostrophe S.

Last, I want to thank you for the keyboard. Its by far the best on the market and I would've paid twice as much for it. I exclusively use T9 as I can type much faster with it than with a normal keyboard, and it's great to see a keyboard with such great T9 support. Please keep it up!