Next-word prediction

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
ganja1447

Next-word prediction

Post by ganja1447 »

Hi, I just bought Smart Keyboard and I am coming from Swiftkeys which imo was pretty nice. Smart Keyboard has quite a few features that I enjoy, including a lot of settings and arrow keys.

However, the one feature I will miss is the main feature of Swiftkeys, their Next-word prediction. If you haven't used Swiftkeys, I think you should try it out to get a feel of it. But I will try to explain how it works here.
If I want to write "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.", that will probably require me to write something like:
"The qui<ck >bro<wn >fox jumps over the lazy dog." or so with Smart Keyboard (depending on how lucky I am with auto complete, but considering the short words, that might be the case that I don't get that much completion.
It would require about the same number of key presses with Swiftkeys .. the first time. But the second time, it will remember things like "After he writes quick, he usually writes brown. So the second time with Swiftkeys the case could be like this:
"The q<uick ><brown ><fox ><jumps ><over ><the >l<azy ><dog>.

Now Swiftkeys doesn't just remember the last word I used after a certain word, but it collects some statistics about it. Writing "Hello Tarzan" 5 times, then "Hello Jane" once and then "Hello " would give a first suggestion of Tarzan and probably Jane as the second.

If you would manage to implement something like this that is at least close to as predictive as Swiftkeys is, I would be extremely happy and nag all my friends until they buy the keyboard as well. :) Right now I am not sure I will stick with Smart Keyboard due to missing this feature, but don't worry, I will not request a refund of those 2 Euroes, your app is still a nice piece of work!

Thank you for contributing to the android world with a great keyboard though.