different type of suggestion display

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
danielseeksGod
Phone: Samsung Epic 4G - Android 2.1

different type of suggestion display

Post by danielseeksGod »

this is super unusual for android, but super popular for the less-smart phones. it's the style of word suggestions. with android, its always a bar full of words and one is the taken suggestion by pressing space or , or . or so on, as in your app's case, it's the bold word. well that's fine but I use the hard keyboard, so I don't really like having a bar in my way. so I was wondering if it is possible to have classic suggestions, like this:

with the | representing the cursor, I might, on an android app, be typing:

I am hap|

to write out

I am happy

and I will get a suggestion in the bar below my text for "happy"
well that's the android way, but I don't like that so, what id like is what my old samsung rant did, i'd like suggestions like this:

I am hap|py

where it suggests only the first suggestion, on the same line that I'm typing like that. it would be cool if it could do that and then have like the untyped/suggested letters be in a user-selectable style, like italic or blue or transparent (possible? would be most compatible with apps which have different colors and such). if you could do transparent, like 40% transparent, id choose that, or gray. if this feature sounds good to you, please let me know.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: different type of suggestion display

Post by cyril »

That's how it works (except for the different color/style) when you use the T9 portrait mode.
Making this behavior available in QWERTY mode is in my TODO list ;)
Cyril
danielseeksGod
Phone: Samsung Epic 4G - Android 2.1

Re: different type of suggestion display

Post by danielseeksGod »

i tried to do t9 and everything but i'm not seeing what you were talking about? it seems the same to me

i'm currently using the trial version though, would that effect it?