abc keyboard and predict ahead

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
greengf
Phone: 07734364362

abc keyboard and predict ahead

Post by greengf »

Hi I've looked at lots of Android keyboards, this is my favourite – it could go further ahead of the field with a few improvements.
For me, fast typing on a phone comes through 1) good prediction, 2) AutoText, 3) good keyboard layout. My suggestions relate to each of these.
1) Please can you add predict ahead (i.e. prediction of next word immediately the current one is complete – this is part of SwiftKeys.
2) Love it! Is there a way to create a file of entries on a PC and transfer them over? And I want to upgrade to the pro version – will I lose my AutoText words when I do so? (could that be avoided with a new feature if so)
3) The key resize option really helps with hitting the intended key – thanks. BUT qwerty layout came in the 1800s to avoid mechanical type-writers jamming – I'm fast when using 2 hands on a PC but not on a phone. PLEASE give us a ABC layout. I see DVORAK is available under “Force keyboard layout” – but this doesn't seem to have any effect (do I need to download something first?).

Many thanks, geoff
chtamina

Re: abc keyboard and predict ahead

Post by chtamina »

are you root? btw create a backup, it includes the autotext and the user dictionary as well. I also learned how to transfer my custom dictionary to my friends phones

Sent from my HTC Desire