smileys

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

smileys

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

could you make the default smileys like ':)' and ':(' aka without the hyphen for the nose?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: smileys

Post by cyril »

What I should do is a system so that people could vote for features ;)

So waiting for other's comments ;)
Cyril
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

sweet sweet.

yeah it's not even that big of a priority but that's the only thing i can think of (personally) that would make this app better than it already is. maybe include an option of what smileys are available? haha idk, i don't really have a firm grasp on how the coding for that would go.

thanks as always for your work, though, cyril
teamwhite
Phone: HTC Hero, 1.5

Post by teamwhite »

I'm sure this is completely obvious, but I don't seem to see smileys on my keyboard? Help?

Great keyboard, by the way. Thank you, and thanks for the frequent updates, too. It's nice to see a responsive developer!
clicious
Phone: Nexus One

Post by clicious »

teamwhite wrote:I'm sure this is completely obvious, but I don't seem to see smileys on my keyboard? Help?

Great keyboard, by the way. Thank you, and thanks for the frequent updates, too. It's nice to see a responsive developer!
Have the same problem. Where is this infamous smiley key hiding? Using android 2.1 on Nexus One
janfsd

Post by janfsd »

I think the smiley key only appears when texting (using the stock app). However I would like to have the smiley key when writing mails too. I wonder if it's possible, it doesn't have to be in the main view of the keyboard, but somewhere else.
Another thing is that I don't like that when manually typing the smiley, when I type ':' it automatically autocorrects and sticks to the word before it, it would be great to have an option to disable this.
Keep the great work!
clicious

Post by clicious »

janfsd wrote:I think the smiley key only appears when texting (using the stock app). However I would like to have the smiley key when writing mails too. I wonder if it's possible, it doesn't have to be in the main view of the keyboard, but somewhere else.
Another thing is that I don't like that when manually typing the smiley, when I type ':' it automatically autocorrects and sticks to the word before it, it would be great to have an option to disable this.
Keep the great work!
I second that. Its one of the things that has been driving me nuts on the stock keyboard and would be awesome if we could disable it Just for the ":" symbol. Having said that there are probably far more important updates to work on first but if its an easy "fix" it would be nice to have.
Thanks for the good work and frequent updates!
GaVrA
Phone: htc tatto

Post by GaVrA »

Some way for us to edit smilies would be awesome! Personally i preffer

Code: Select all

:)
and

Code: Select all

:(
, but also i know some people like it the way it is now, so that edit thingy would be great! ;)
teamwhite
Phone: HTC Hero, 1.5

Post by teamwhite »

I still don't see the smileys on Smart Keyboard (I've checked in the stock messaging app, too). Using an HTC Hero, Android 1.5. Any suggestions?
bears4154
Phone: droid

Post by bears4154 »

I actually wouldn't mind an option to take out the smiley b
utton all together, obviously it would be optional.