direct link from the user dictionary menu to word suggestion

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
wookakux

direct link from the user dictionary menu to word suggestion

Post by wookakux »

Tried to search if this topic is already posted, but my search was rejected because the keywords 'auto' 'change' 'text' are "too common". Hmmph.

Well here it goes. We make a.lot of typos, and those typos can be saved to the user dictionary if the settings are set accordingly. These typos saved as regular words in the user dictionary are a nuisance, but they could also be valuable data for automatic spelling correction. I think the feature 'automatic text change' (sorry, I am a Korean and don't know the exact english name of this feature used in the English menu of Smart Keyboard) was originally intended to be used as macros that expands abbreviations and stuff, but I also use it as an addition to the language dictionary to correct the typos I make often. In fact, I normally discard the Korean dictionary because it suggests wrong words so often. That must be because it doesn't have enough data accumulated yet...

In the user text menu, there currently are two options for each word entry: edit and delete. If you could add a link to the automatic correction menu that adds the selected word (mistyped word) as the "from" text in the automatic correction menu, it would greatly ease the process of adding corrections.
wookakux

Re: direct link from the user dictionary menu to word sugges

Post by wookakux »

And it would also be convenient if we could edit/delete an user dictionary entry directly from the list of suggested words displayed above the keyboard. (With a long click, for instance)