Managing the Apostrophe

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
alcarin
Phone: HTC Desire Z - Android 2.2

Re: Managing the Apostrophe

Post by alcarin »

hello Cyril! i'll try your beta, too, thank you!
Travis90
Phone: Motorola Milestone 2.2.1

Post by Travis90 »

cyril wrote:OK I will add an option to consider apostrophe as a word separator. Thanks for your patience :)
Yes, but now is hard to write > d' <
I must press > d < (number 3), select >d< from prediction bar (because the first predicted word is > e <, and > e < should be ever the first word ;) )
delete the automatic generated space, and finally put the apostrophe,

Because if I press > d < and then > ' <, SKP write > e' < and the autotext e' -> d' doesn't work!

And....If I press 3 times > ' <
so... > ' ' ' <
without the "apostrophe separator", I use the autotext ' ' ' -> ! ! ! or the autotext ' ' ' ' -> ♥♦♣♠ (a ploy to have special characters ;) pasted in dictionary from ad text editor :P )
But now with the new function, the apostrophe "breaks" the prediction!

Maybe it can be solved considering the apostrophe not as a word separator, but simply avoid the "space after insert" only after the apostrophe!

Or switching the apostrophe of the button 1, with the button > full stop<
(PS: How can I have the same layout of this picture? I think is better for Italian users, because we use more the > ! < than > - <,
we don't use the > - < for separated word like English users... )

In fact normal/old T9 keyboard use the button 1 for full stop, comma, etc....
cyril wrote: Apostrophe Separator
consider apostrophe as a word separator (useful for Italian for instance)
I think it will be useful also for other languages! ;) All the languages that use apostrophe! :P
cyril wrote: @From the Topic >Add my custom words to the Italian dictionary pack<

But I agree the dictionary should contain all word flexions, I would be happy to improve it if I get some help (to find a good word frequency list with all word forms)
I will try to help you!! Also making a donation to the developer, if it will be useful!! ;)
How I can do it?
woopypants
Phone: xperia x10 android 2.1

Post by woopypants »

hi,
has this option been added yet? and if so, how do i access it in the options?
thanks!