Improved auto-correct

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Improved auto-correct

Post by cyril »

The new word list had indeed many words capitalized, which caused the issue.
I switched back (in 1.13.3) to the previous word list (though it's far from being perfect), as I worked hard on the new one but got only negative feedbacks on it...

I will stop working on it for a while as I don't have time, but I am still waiting for constructive feedbacks. I don't write often in english with my phone so I'm not the best person to test the english dictionary...
Cyril
jab123
Phone: nexus one 2.1

Post by jab123 »

the new one definitely does a better job with words in my opinion though i havent had the chance to do heavy typing, but the random capitals of linking verbs was killer

but keep up the great work as i'm blazingly fast on skp!
Chris
Phone: Nexus One

Post by Chris »

Thank you for the update patch today. All seems well so far.

Chris
keggy
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Android 1.5

Post by keggy »

Hi, I'm an Italian user of your wonderful keyboard in Pro version but the auto-correct function is very poor, only few words and not ever correct. If you can say me what type of dictionary you have used for Italian language I can try to help you to improve this function for the Italian users. ;)

Bye

keggy
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hi
sure, I just need a list of words sorted by frequency. The important thing is that it must include all the flexions (plural nouns, conjugated verbs, etc.), not only the base form of the words.
Building such a list is trivial, but the only and (very) difficult thing is to find a correct source for the word corpus, to make sure it contain enough words, and that the frequencies are correct.
Cyril
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

cyril,

I was just wondering if you could take 'kike' out of the dictionary. too often I find replacing like if I mistype it. thanks.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Done
Cyril
mttmllns
Phone: myTouch 3G on CyanogenMod 4.2.15.1

Post by mttmllns »

nick.koutrelakos wrote:cyril,

I was just wondering if you could take 'kike' out of the dictionary. too often I find replacing like if I mistype it. thanks.
Do you think having a feature where we could remove/exclude these words ourselves would be handy? It'd be like the user dictionary we already have, except it would just be a list of words to filter from autocorrection/suggestions even though the word is in the "official" dictionary.

Just popped into my head because I've desired it a few times. If it'd slow the app down than I don't think it'd be worth it. That should always be first priority. HTC_IME is ridiculous with how much memory it uses and how much it gets slowed down during heavy usage.
R3GUL8OR

Post by R3GUL8OR »

When i type lol, it auto corrects to loll. I unchecked the auto-correct on highlight because it was so annoying, but it still corrects lol to loll
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

@mttmllns: well that would be possible (of course it will not improve speed and memory usage...), but I will think about it when I implement another idea I have for the dictionary (which would be a self-learning dictionary)

@R3GUL8OR: I can't reproduce.. for me "lol" autocorrects to "lol". Are you sure "loll" is not in your user dictionary ?
Cyril