Caps Lock

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
dani.nedan

Caps Lock

Post by dani.nedan »

Hi there.

I think it is really annoying that the SHIFT-CAPS LOCK key doesn't show any visual diference between being pressed one (SHIFT) and not being pressed.

It happens all the time that I want to capitalize the first letter of a word and by standard it is already capitalized so by pressing the SHIFT key it swiches into CAPS LOCK mode which im not intending to do.

A visual feedback of the 3 posible states of the key (SHIFT OFF, SHIFT ON, CAPS LOCK) (not only two) would help a lot.
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Re: Caps Lock

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

When you see capital letters, that's shift. When there's a green dot within the shift button, that's Caps Lock. When all the letters you see are lowercase, that's shift off.

The visual difference for shift isn't shown on the caps key, but on the entire keyboard itself.
dani.nedan

Post by dani.nedan »

Great ..! Thanks for the reply. I gained some hope and checked the settings again. The problem was: I had the box "always caps" enabled ....

Thanks again.
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

That'll do it!
Kalram
Phone: Xperia Neo

Post by Kalram »

Hi,
I'm bringing back this idea, to clone iPhone keyboard one will tick the "Caps all the time" mode, so that letters are always on caps mode.
(Yeah, it's a bit unfunctionnal, but it's nice to the eye)

So for those who choose that option, it would be great to have a visual indicator on the shift key itself!

It would be the perfect complement to the Cupertino theme.
Nelson5
Phone: SPH-L710 4.1

Post by Nelson5 »

Is it possible to make the shift key more noticeable when CAPS LOCK is on? In portrait mode, all I see is a small green dot, which is not too visible to me. Thanks.