better built in error correction

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
graffixnyc
Phone: mytouch 4g

better built in error correction

Post by graffixnyc »

I noticed SKB will auto fix some spelling errors like teh to the. But some other common ones that it doesn't that better keyboard does. Here are some examples. I just typed exampkes with better keyboard it would correct this. Wikk is another.. should change to will. Wheb should change to when bettr to better. You get the point.. I love smartleyboard but if you could somehow. Impliment the same error correcting that the better keyboard has you would win hands down as the better of the two. Just. Download the demo of better keyboard and you'll see what I mean it has much better error correcting but that's about all that it has better than smartkb
randymauldin

Re: better built in error correction

Post by randymauldin »

until this is improved you can add the misspelled word and the correction to the custom autotext
DJjay
Phone: HTC Incredible S

Post by DJjay »

Yes, Better Keyboard has much better error correcting. I've mentioned this in the past, hoping it would be improved.
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi guys,

just tested the 'wikk' example on lastest release and corrected it to 'will' so ok :)

but, yes, for stuff it cant get (ie for odd words i like to use etc) i use the custom words a lot

cheers
dan