Message sending without pressing enter

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
mazz0310
Phone: Droid

Message sending without pressing enter

Post by mazz0310 »

Hey it's me again,
I just had the problem again, I think it is when I type to fast, and I know I'm not pressing enter. When I type really fast when I get around 150 characters it automatically sends the message. I know without being able to replicate you can't fix it, but I thought I should throw it up here.

Moto Droid Bugless Beast

Thank.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Message sending without pressing enter

Post by cyril »

Hi
thanks for reporting. However I was just wondering... does it happen in the Messaging app ? Then you have a smiley key instead of enter key, right ?
Cyril
mazz0310

Post by mazz0310 »

cyril wrote:Hi
thanks for reporting. However I was just wondering... does it happen in the Messaging app ? Then you have a smiley key instead of enter key, right ?
It happens in Hancent Messaging, in both the popup and the actual app itself. I haven't typed enough in any other program to realize it, but what I'll do is change the enter key to smiley (can do that in Handcent) and see if it still sends, or put in a smiley instead.
mazz0310

Post by mazz0310 »

Very weird, with the enter key now a smiley face I haven't had a smiley face or an accidental sent message yet.
mazz0310

Post by mazz0310 »

I think this is related to the message sending on it's own, now that I changed it to a smiley face if I'm typing alot/fast the keyboard just disappears. Maybe it has to do with the kernel though because I used to have the problem on 2.0
jetrost
Phone: Motorola Droid, 2.0.1

Post by jetrost »

This is just a stab in the dark, but could it be that you have the Smart Keyboard settings set so that if you "swipe down" on the keyboard, the keyboard closes? When you are typing fast, the hardware might get confused and accidentally register a "swipe down" instead of what you wanted to type, and thus would trigger the keyboard to close.

If I remember correctly, the default settings when you install the Smart Keyboard are set such that a "swipe down" will close the keyboard. Perhaps try changing this to "no action" and see if the issue still occurs.
mazz0310

Post by mazz0310 »

Nope, the first thing I did when I installed the keyboard was remove all the gestures. Thanks for the suggestion though.
shirley0123

Post by shirley0123 »

Do you like comfortable clothes?I'm sure many people love franklin and marshall t-shirts very much, because they have very superior quality and very comfortable. So do franklin marshall hoodies sweatshirts! They are the most popular collections of Franklin and Marshall.