Keyboard Input Source won't 'stick'

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
skimark

Keyboard Input Source won't 'stick'

Post by skimark »

After the last update to Smart Keyboard Pro, my Input Source of choice won't 'stick'. Every time I restart the phone, it has reverted back to the stock keyboard and I have to reselect Smart Keyboard Pro. This is especially notable on Handcent, which is my SMS app of choice, but also on any other apps that use the keyboard. Any ways to fix this new problem? I thought about a total reinstall but wasn't sure if that was the way to go.

Thanks!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Keyboard Input Source won't 'stick'

Post by cyril »

Have you installed in on the SD card? Otherwise I cannot tell you why it happens, this has to be a problem with your phone as Smart Keyboard cannot change the input method on its own.
Cyril
skimark

Post by skimark »

That was the problem, I had moved it to the card. My phone is doesn't have a lot of storage, so I thought I was doing myself a favor.

Thanks for the direction!
rachel
Phone: motorola atrix; android 2.2.1

Post by rachel »

i have the new motorola atrix - android 2.2.1
my smart keyboard pro app won't stick and device keeps going back to default keyboard
i do not have the app saved to my sd card, but i cannot find where it's saved on the internal memory
i was really liking the smart keyboard; i hope we can figure out what the issue is
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

same here

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

In any case this has to be a phone / ROM issue (or due to the app moved to SD card). Smart Keyboard cannot change the current input method by itself.
Cyril