Received Japanese text not readable on phone

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
janusoo
Phone: Samsung Intercept FROYO 2.2.2

Received Japanese text not readable on phone

Post by janusoo »

Hello,

I love the work you're doing on this app. The keyboard is comfortable to use and is more responsive than the built-in one, I think. There is one significant problem, though. Received texts only appear as nonsense latin characters. My wife and I both have the same model phone, Samsung Intercept running FROYO 2.2.2. On the sender's end, it works fine. You can see the Japanese characters and the suggestion feature works well (though we would love an expanded dictionary that can be transferred to the SD card), but not so for the receiver.

I did also try sending an email with this and that seems to be working fine. I could send from gmail to hotmail and vice versa with no problem. So, the problem appears only to be with phone to phone messages, so far as I can tell. If that could be fixed, I would definitely be into paying for the pro version.

I know you've taken on quite a big project to have all this language accessibility. You're hard work is appreciated. Thanks.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Received Japanese text not readable on phone

Post by cyril »

Hello
If you live outside Japan, I guess the problem is that your phone carrier doesn't support text messages encoded in UTF16, or that your SMS application doesn't support it. Does it work with Handcent SMS?
Cyril