smart dictionary and tap to replace

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
serenewaffles

smart dictionary and tap to replace

Post by serenewaffles »

Using tap to replace does not seem to update the smart dictionary. As an example, typing talk in t9 yields tall. Tapping to replace with talk does not make talk more likely to come up in suggestions. I believe it is incrementing the usage count of both words.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: smart dictionary and tap to replace

Post by cyril »

Indeed it would be nice to decrease the count of the replaced word, I will check how this would be feasible
Cyril
richardkemp
Phone: ZTE Blade - CM7

Post by richardkemp »

Not so much a bug but a quirk: I write two words, both wrong. The first gets corrected to a word I didn't want, the second is about to get corrected to the word I did want, but I don't 'accept', i.e. the suggestion is still in bar, and the wrong word is still in the input field. I tap the first word to correct it, and the second word stays wrong.

I would expect tapping another word to correct it would be considered an acceptance of the suggestion for the second word. Does this seem logical to y'all too?
serenewaffles

Post by serenewaffles »

First, thanks for the thread hijack.

Second, that doesn't seem logical. EDIT: If that was the behavior and you went back to tap-to-replace a word and then the cursor left the word, it would likely be replaced by the default word. Which would make Smart Keyboard instantly move from my favorite keyboard to my least favorite keyboard.

Finally, how is progress going on tap-to-replace changing the use frequency counter? I was thinking that you could decrement the use count of the default word, but that might get hairy if you end up tapping and replacing a word a bunch of times because you keep missing or some such.
serenewaffles

Post by serenewaffles »

Any update on this? Just a little still working on it or not possible would be great.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

serenewaffles wrote:Any update on this? Just a little still working on it or not possible would be great.
It's possible and I have no time to work on it ;)
Cyril