Bugtracker down?

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
simon_s
Phone: Droid 2

Bugtracker down?

Post by simon_s »

Is the bug tracker down or has it moved?

I was trying to check the status of a bug I posted about back in January (and did report through the bug tracker as well):
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... ?f=3&t=913

It's not a critical bug, and I assume non-critical bugs get lower priority, but it is a nuisance and I was just wondering if there's any update on the status of this one.

Thanks for any information.

Simon
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Bugtracker down?

Post by cyril »

Yes the bugtracker was shut down for several reasons.

About your bug report, the problem is that I was never able to reproduce it so far, otherwise it would already be fixed ;)
Cyril
simon_s

Post by simon_s »

I just received a replacement phone -- a Droid 2 Global (my previous one was a Droid 2) and the same problem exists. Does your phone have a hard keyboard -- it only happens with the hard keyboard and not with the soft keyboard.

Simon
serenewaffles

Post by serenewaffles »

I have a Droid 2 and am unable to reproduce this. While I know that isn't at all helpful, if you could give me some more information I could try to reproduce it on my phone.
simon_s

Post by simon_s »

Yes, I can explain in detail.

Start an application that has a text field. I have confirmed the problem with both Google Voice and Dolphin HD Browser -- with Google Voice the text field is a text message compose field and with Dolphin HD Browser the text field is an email compose window for my webmail provider. Click in the text field and the soft keyboard pops up. Start typing and the first letter of the first sentence automatically capitalizes as it should.

Quit the application.

Open the slide-out keyboard.

With the slide-out keyboard already open, repeat the above process of starting the application, going to a text field and starting to type. The first letter of the first sentence does not automatically capitalize. After ending the sentence with a period and starting a new sentence, the auto-cap feature does work... it's only for the first word typed into the text field that it fails.

Repeatable every time on my phone, and per my previous note, it happens with my current Droid 2 Global and my previous Droid 2.

- Simon