Other people don't receive texts in other languages.

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
bkhosh2
Phone: Motorola Atrix

Other people don't receive texts in other languages.

Post by bkhosh2 »

I bought Smart Keyboard Pro and works perfectly fine when typing any languages and sending messages in English. However, when I send messages in any other language (characters other than Latin/English characters), the person on the other side doesn't receive the text. I've tried sending messages in Russian, Persian/Farsi and Arabic characters to my friends and none of them receive any of the texts. :?

Another problem is that when I type Persian/Farsi or Arabic, the letters are not joined together. For example, when writing in handwriting, the letters are supposed to be connected. It is like writing letters in handwriting and putting spaces in between each letter. This is an important issue. :(

Not being able to send text messages in other languages is my main problem though.

Please fix these issues!

Thanks,

Brian
bkhosh2
Phone: Motorola Atrix

Re: Other people don't receive texts in other languages.

Post by bkhosh2 »

Anybody have any ideas about how to fix these issues?
fvs114

Post by fvs114 »

Have you tried to set input mode for SMS messages to Unicode?

... Sent from SGS using Tapatalk...
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Once again this has nothing to do with Smart Keyboard. Android uses unicode to send a SMS as soon as it contains non-standard SMS characters (see http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/default_alphabet.html).
Handcent SMS has some hacks to bypass this problem.
Cyril