Updated keyboard isn't as good

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Hoos
Phone: Sprint HTC Hero

Re: Updated keyboard isn't as good

Post by Hoos »

Cyril,

Thanks for your response. Glad to see a developer so responsive.

Not sure what the previous version was. I purchased the Pro version last week (that worked just fine) and noticed an update this week (Monday, maybe?) and installed it. The difference between the two is noticeable to me as far as accuracy goes. Not sure why though, unless there's some odd thing on Hero. Which might be. One thing that does stand out now, is that pressing the P key takes effort and usually takes a couple of tries before it pops up.

I'll turn on the debug mode, too, and see if I can get the logs put together for you.

One example of the autocorrection which happened today:

I wanted to type "Esq" - just that, nothing else. But, no matter what I did, it kept autocorrecting to Esquire - I tried tapping "Esq" on the autocorrect bar and I tried just using a period afterward, then backspacing, but it still reverted to Esquire.

Let me know if you need anything else and I'll try to get debug log to you in later today or tomorrow.

Brent
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Strange, for me the suggestion bar works well if I press "esq" in it.. (and I also have a Hero)
The lags usually come from a huge memory consumption, you should have a look at Taskkiller if you don't already have it...
Cyril
Hoos
Phone: Sprint HTC Hero

Post by Hoos »

Cyril,

I found the option to turn off the "microphone" key and that took care of my issues. Didn't know that was there! (Also, still using the same version as mentioned above. Have not tried the new updgrade.)

To double-check myself, I've been alternating using the keyboard with that option on/off. My mistakes are less with it off and there is less lag.

I've kept the autocorrect stuff turned off, though.

Thanks for your being so responsive.